• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Cherry's Acan Grow Out-subdivide

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK guys, after splitting these up between 2 growers I figured a seperate thread was in order, but 1st;

For anyone reading this, this grow out has been going on for almost a year and is not open for buy ins-it just needed a new thread.

Here is the list of what was suppose to ship to me from Reef Up and who all bought in;

Cherry Corals- Financialreef, Luvmyacans, Zero, Beerman, Reefnjunkie:

Highlighters x-8
Highlighters 2.0 x-8
Neptunes Crown x-11
Hybrid Skittles x-12
Tokyo Tart 2.0 x-2
Roswell Project x-9
Agent Orange x-7
Ring of Fire x-20
Resurrection x-11
Illicium x-2

Sexy Corals- Financialreef, Luvmyacans, Zero, Beerman, Reefnjunkie:

Acan 1
Acan 2
Acan 3
Acan 4
Acan 5
Acan 6
Acan 7
Acan 8

Roc Citi Coralz- Financialreef, Luvmyacans, Zero, Reefnjunkie:
Acan 1
Acan 2
Acan 3

Cherry Corals #2- Financialreef, Luvmyacans, Zero, Reefnjunkie:

Tye Dye Micromussa x-8
Rainbow Suns x-2
Envy Sunsets x-12
Krakatoa! x4
Riddler x-1
? x-8
Name Under Construction x-13
Brother of Dragon Skin x-12
Extra

I have put "x" with the polyp count next to the acan if a frag bag I got from Tysen had that name on it when it was shipped to me

Honestly I am having a tough time making out the rest.
I have clicked on the name of the acan that opens the picture for that frag (i.e. Roc Citi Coralz- Acan 1) and I have done that for the 8 we got from Sexy Corals and the 3 from Roc Citi and its tough trying to tell which is which.

The only person this really matters to is going to be Beerman since he is only in on the 1st Cherry buy in and the Sexy Corals buy in.

I'll see what I can do but if it becomes imposible he may just have to choose 8 from the 11 that dont have names-(Im just thinking ahead). We can cross that bridge later but I dont care if it plays out that way.

Lastly there were 3 that had names on the frag bag that are not even part of the list (polyp counts are behind the name)
Kernal Mustard -9
Malibu Beach-8
Cranberry Tort-3

Anyhow thats enough info to start with here a few pics

I think this the "?" from Cherry Corals #2
Unknown1-1.jpg

Neptunes Crown
NeptunesCrown.jpg

Envy Sunsets
EnvySunset.jpg

Hybrid Skittles
HybridSkittles.jpg

Tye Dye
TieDye.jpg

Brother of Dragon Skin
BrotherofDragonSkin.jpg

Agent Orange (on the left) Name under Construction (on the right)
AgentOrandNameUnderConstruction.jpg

There has bee a slight color shift but I expected that with the 2 different tanks (his to mine) and lights but I think if somone ran the exact same light set up that the folks we bought them from did they would change back

I actually like waht I see I was just throwing that out there

thewackyreefer

(formerly luvmyacans)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome, thanks for the update! Regardless of what we went through to get here the polyp count is pretty impressive. Definitely one of the best growouts I've seen!

OP
OP
Reefnjunkie

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Reefnjunkie

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice piece but a little pricey, I'm gonna have to pass on this one.
+1^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

nice but............:sorry:

FWIW, i am placing an order for styro shipping boxes, I found a company that has them for 5.00 per box plus shipping-I'll add it to the bill:lol:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Reefnjunkie

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man I check my subscriptions daily and not sure why this never showed as a new post.

I know I have talked about it but I am really hoping (nearly certain) this weekend some will find their way to the band saw. i needed to by a new blade and clear out some room in my frag tank to keep them all straight (which ones are which)

I am a little sad to say the has been some morphing of colors but I can also say once everyone gets them they will morph or retrun to where they were depending on your lighting.

If you look back through the original post around page 3 or 4 I think Reefup posted his lights types (T5s) he was using. i have really been experimenting with spectrum and intensity trying to keep them the same but I expected a little change. Dont be discouraged as this happens, and like I said they WILL change and if you run the same T5 config or even different lights expect a change as well.

I recently did a swap for a fixture (LEDs) that has red, blue, green in addition to the royal ble/whites I currently run and should have that by Saturday- the unit has dimmers and I keep these guys under a low par, around 80-90.

Anyway I have some nice acans already under LED so dont loose faith, it is just that these where grown under a different light ( and system) and is why they morphed slightly, I expect them to morph back IMO.

I also have been in contact with Beerman and suggested he buys in for the other 2 spots he did not initially buy in for and he is cool with that.

It'll make it much easier when distributing and I hope nobody has issue-It works out to be like 45.00 coming to each thats left and he can send it to each of us or he also suggested sending it to me to cover shipping. I ran it by luvmyacans too and he was cool with it, but my math was off, I thought there were 3 people not 4(so justin when you read this, thats why its 45 not 60.00)
It would still be 45.00 credit towards each persons shipping. I gor pleny of frag discs and glue/epoxy but the shipping and shipping related material I'll need help with.

Hows that for TMI

LOL

I work on a few teaser pics later

OP
OP
Reefnjunkie

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a lot has changed (other than some color :sorry: ) but here are a few pics-I am running 3 to 1 Royal blue to white now, vs 2:1 initially, I also have 12 white and 12 royal blue on a dimmer running them at about 30% while the other 24 RB are at 70%-I have another fixture coming that has Blue, Red, Green in it which will give the spectrum in the 460nm-550nm and 680nm-here is a great little article-
Feature Article: Spectral Distributions of LEDs: AI-Sol, Radion, Orphek, EcoRay, Mvava — Advanced Aquarist | Aquarist Magazine and Blog

ANYWAY.........

Since Beerman is buying in-I dont have to worry about fragging in certain groups-I'll frag the biggest now and hopefully in a few weeks you all will have some presents showing.

I'm going to have beerman paypal me the money and Financialreef, Luvmyacans and Zero will have 45.00 credit towards supplies/shipping
sound good...........ok perfect..........consider it done-:blah:

IMG_3920.jpg

IMG_3919.jpg

IMG_3918.jpg

IMG_3917.jpg

Some of the acan frags you see are from my Rainbow and SC Dragon tail I fragged up for pratice-here is a pic of those before fragging, and I grew these from 3 polyp frags all under my LEDs (you can see the Yuki10 to the right-its at 6 polyps now-a few tiny ones but still 6;
Acan1.jpg

zero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looking good there bro. btw I might have to get your sc dragon tail and the rainbow one too lol

OP
OP
Reefnjunkie

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looking good there bro. btw I might have to get your sc dragon tail and the rainbow one too lol

No problem, I'll give everyone the friends and family discount, I just sold about 12 heads locally for 25.00 a polyp when they bought at least 2 otherwise they were 30.00 for a single-hell I paid 3x that originally from Sexy himself.
The strange thing is I bought the SC Dragon tail when Mike first posted it, I cant make out a single acan that looks like the SC DT and its supposed to be in the pack we bought

Not sure what to think of that.

I keep saying it and I promise there will be frag photos posted up by sunday night, hopefully at least 6 different cans, I just have to have room to keep the groups together so I domt mix them up, thats the most important thing

OP
OP
Reefnjunkie

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I fragged 8 of them tonight and for the most part all went well, I say most part only because its tough to get the exact same polyp count but I did pretty well.
I lterally just finished so we will post better pics later with names but some already have thier feeders out-LOL

IMG_3923.jpg

IMG_3924.jpg

IMG_3925.jpg

emerald525

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally saw these acans when I was over at Brad's house yesterday. They look awesome! You guys scored!1smile1 The colors look great to me and they are all puffed up and healthy looking!

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 7.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 63 76.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 4.9%
Back