• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Cherry's Acan Grow Out-subdivide

OP
OP
Reefnjunkie

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys sorry to pull a Tysen on ya and being MIA-allis good and basiclly the same-here is a pic

Jeremy that just blows about your cans, once I get to a point where I can frag some I will try and help, it sounds like everyone else is on board too, we all just want to be sure what ever is causing it has stopped.

I know I have one from the other GO that was sent to me thats melting slowly-I'm getting ready to post over there with my game plan.

I hope everyones are doing ok....

CherryGO.jpg

Not all in this pic is the groups, I am sure you can tell which ones are. Basiclly all the numbers are the same Tokyo Tart is at 5 now the rest has not changed (maybe Cranberry Tort has some more)

11,10,8,6,5 o'clock are ours with the Orange one being the center of the clock.

I can get better pics, I was rushed and wanted to post something

OP
OP
Reefnjunkie

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Junkie...can you give us a fresh polyp count if you get a chance. Thanks
Tokyo Tart still at 5
Cranberry Tort 7
Illicium still 2
Riddler still at 1
and that Yuki looks like Poooo but is about 7 but there is virtually no puffiness or color and we should be glad we got our money back.

Basiclly there has been little to no change and I'll get some pics up this weekend if you all want, just been busy with Christmas and stuff

Unrelated I figured out ( I think) why all those chalices melted, I did not have enough water going through the saw. I still plan to replace what I can from our trade and suspect when I ship the cranberry and the tokyo I ship those replacements as I mentioned I would.

As far as the Riddler and Illicuim maybe we sell them or do some random drawing to see who gets them-we can always leave them as is and some day they may grow new heads.

I do spot feed these guys the Fuana Marin LPS pellets at least twice a week. I must look like some coral geek using tweezers dropping pellets in all my acans LOL

I'm game doing whatever with the slow growers and once the tokyo gets 1 more head and the 2 smallest heads to grow out I say frag the tort and tart and ship them

Whats anyone else say?

Last edited:

Beerman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm ok with whatever. If we have the same guys in both growouts we can see where they look when they are both done. If there are just a couple of extra that aren't enough to split we can just sell and maybe offset shipping.

financialreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would vote on selling the two that aren't growing out. What cost do we have in them? Does anyone have those records?

OP
OP
Reefnjunkie

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm ok with whatever. If we have the same guys in both growouts we can see where they look when they are both done. If there are just a couple of extra that aren't enough to split we can just sell and maybe offset shipping.
the other grow out has 2 new people and financial is not involved with it

I would vote on selling the two that aren't growing out. What cost do we have in them? Does anyone have those records?

I cant find anything that reflects any cost
I'm fine w/ whatever. Stinks the Yuki isn't doing better, ah well!
Its weird how the yuki did not die and produces new "whatever" I dont know what to call them, they have no color and look terrible
yuki.jpg

Tokyo Tart 2.0 at 5(and its barely a 5th) and riddler to the left at 1
tt2.jpg

Cranberry Tort-7
tart.jpg

Illicium still 2
ill.jpg

As far as selling the Illicium and Riddler, thats up to everyone else, frankly I am pretty much rolling with what everyone else says-IMO its not worth the time-Someone else can do a random number generator and draw names and 2 lucky individuals would get one each-I could do a live pod cast drawing the numbers so everyone sees its on the up and up and there is no "foul play" just throwing out suggestions.

I'd like to just get it over with honestly and not worry about trying to sell it and deal with the shipping-when its all said what would we get out of it 25.00 each -LOL

Its more hassle than my time is worth but like I said I'll roll with the consensus of the group

VelasCorals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a few acans that did that after I fragged them. Turn brown and are growing little ugly babies. Frag looks just like one you posted. I don't get it.

zero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agreed as well. This Growout have turn out great so far. Lets do the drawing or what not we can end this great GO with a smile :)

OP
OP
Reefnjunkie

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You guys let me know if your cool with this, but I just used this utility;
Custom Random Number Generator

And listed the names as I had posted on page one

1-Financialreef
2-Luvmyacans
3-Zero
4-Beerman
5-Reefnjunkie

Then I entered 1-5, clicked on enter, and the program spit out a number. I repeated this with taking out the winner so now it was 4 people and did numbers 1-4, and then again with 3 people 1-3.

These are what resulted;

Acan being drawn-Riddler

Financialreef
Luvmyacans
Zero
Beerman
Reefnjunkie
winner-Reefnjunkie

Acan being drawn-Riddler
Financialreef
Luvmyacans
Zero
Beerman
winner-Beerman

Acan being drawn- Illicium
Financialreef
Luvmyacans
Zero

winner-Zero

I truly dont care either way but the whole pod cast wont work, I dont have an internet camera so thats out, there is this;

https://join.me/

and if someone else wants to sign up and share their desktop with someone else to "verify" the legitamacy of the drawing post away-I just dont care to take the time. I'm a trusting person and if someone wants to do that I have no issues-

If anyone has issue with the drawing I did-post away, like I mentioned I dont mind, you wont offend me, etc etc etc. I'm just ready to wrap this up and if someone else wants to do what I posted-run with it or feel free to post your ideas, opinions, thoughts, favorite snack, favorite color, whatever you want-:tongue:

Let me know your thoughts

OP
OP
Reefnjunkie

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Works for me. Cut everything up and ship it out.

That cranberry tort may not fair to well, the smaller heads all are the size of a small pea but I too want to cut everything up and be done with this

Yeah let's get this to an end. Thanks for doing this.

I was and am still happy I was able to, I'm just glad it for the most part turned out good. I'd say 60 percent of mine have morphed a bit which sucks but I'm hoping someday they change back. The "money" acans have heald tho so thats a plus.

i'll whip out the saw this weekend-

OP
OP
Reefnjunkie

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did these get cut up? Thanks.

Yep I cut them up about 10 days ago or so they seem all healed and I wanted to check to see who all is in the other GO that I have acans for and find out who wants to ship these now, wait for the others to try and do it at one time.

Those acans in the other growout are not doing much-I'm going to do an update over on that thread but as far as this GO thread goes, its all fragged and ready to ship unless someone wants to wait-

I'm gonna need to order some shipping boxes and heat packs and pass the fees along but we can cross that path later

zero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in both as well. If the acans from the other GO have enough heads to frag than mind as well get them frag so we can get them done

OP
OP
Reefnjunkie

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in both as well. If the acans from the other GO have enough heads to frag than mind as well get them frag so we can get them done

Believe me I wish I could-Sorry fpr being lax on the other thread-I guess I'll go take some pics an do an update

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 75 35.0%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 58 27.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 66 30.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.7%
Back