Cherub angelfish- the reef safe option?

Chris86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I’m gonna add this fish to my tank. Everything I’ve read says this guy is almost certainly not going to eat my clam or shrimp. Does anyone have any experience with these guys?

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are among the safest of choices for a dwarf angel and sessile inverts. That being said, while most I have dealt with were model citizens, I did deal with one specimen that nipped.

OP
OP
Chris86

Chris86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are among the safest of choices for a dwarf angel and sessile inverts. That being said, while most I have dealt with were model citizens, I did deal with one specimen that nipped.

That’s good to know. I honestly almost took a chance with a flame angel the other day. LFS stopped me. Lol

Zack K

The Butterfly Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like you have a good LFS! I agree with Eatbreakfast. Always a chance.

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I kept one for a couple of years in a reef with no observed incidents, she was one of my favorite fish. Very active, cruising through the rocks, always show boating. I think a couple of years was a good indicator, many times you'll read about good additions when it's only been a couple of weeks or months. I gave her to a friend when I combined my nano reefs into a larger dwarf lion reef. Last time I spoke with my friend, she was very happy with the addition.

Humanzee1966

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I kept one for a couple of years in a reef with no observed incidents, she was one of my favorite fish. Very active, cruising through the rocks, always show boating. I think a couple of years was a good indicator, many times you'll read about good additions when it's only been a couple of weeks or months. I gave her to a friend when I combined my nano reefs into a larger dwarf lion reef. Last time I spoke with my friend, she was very happy with the addition.
What kinds of corals did you keep it with?

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 18 15.8%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 51 44.7%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 39 34.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back