Cherub Pygmy Angelfish, anyone keeping them?

FamilyMan_4

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 10, 2020
Messages
39
Reaction score
41
Location
Halifax, NS
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been trying to narrow down a livestock list for my tank, and another member on here mentioned the Cherub Pygmy Angelfish.
I did some reading on them, and most livestock sites mention that 'It may nip at large-polyped stony corals and clam mantles'
This seems to be almost the same copy and paste information given on all angelfish descriptions.
BUT every member's mention of this fish on forums I have read says they didn't have any nipping issues with this fish.

My question is,
Is it more of a 'its an angelfish, so its prone to angelfish issues' that these livestock sites mention this, or is it a real concern with these pygmy angels?

What are everyones actual experiences with these fish?
 
I kept one in a BC29 lps dominant tank and never had any issues. This is on the small size of tank for this fish and I never had aggression issues either. He was there for 3 years and was likely mature, i gave him up when I combined my nano's into a larger predator reef. He was a very beautiful, active, and entertaining fish. They love to zoom through the rocks.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new