OP
Cherub

Cherub

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right now I have the Eshopps pro series 200? Thoughts or is there another you recommend?
I've never used Eshopps so I couldn't tell you but it does look like a good sized skimmer.

As far as the splitter goes on the return, you don't have to use one of course it's just that the return is a single shot and blows straight out so you end up with a bald spot at the front of the tank. Of course your return is adjustable so you may not need it if you turn it down, or if you go bare bottom. If you do use a splitter you will need a loc line adapter. I bought this one.

https://vividcreativeaquatics.com/s...-line-adapter-25mm-slip-fit-to-12in-loc-line/

and this splitter

https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/loc-line-y-fitting.html the 1/2 inch then added two of these. https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/loc-line-modular-hose-segments.html

I hope this helps you and anyone else looking

OP
OP
Cherub

Cherub

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so this video is day 7 update for the fluconazole treatment. It's going well! I imagine at the end of 14 days I will need to re-dose for the dreadlocks but we shall see. I kept my skimmer off for the first 5 days. At day four I started running GFO for the phosphates. I have to empty the filter socks once a day since day 4 as well. Let me know what you think, any suggestions?

JTwinning

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Denver - the tank arrived today and is up and running minus all of the apex items. We are trying to figure out a way to organize all of the apex controllers in the cabinet on the right hand side. What did you use? Do you have any pictures handy? Thank you, IMG_4044.jpg IMG_4042.jpg

IMG_4045.jpg

OP
OP
Cherub

Cherub

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Denver - the tank arrived today and is up and running minus all of the apex items. We are trying to figure out a way to organize all of the apex controllers in the cabinet on the right hand side. What did you use? Do you have any pictures handy? Thank you, IMG_4044.jpg IMG_4042.jpg

IMG_4045.jpg
I just used velcro for the bricks that power the lamps and zip ties for the cables. I also 3D printed some sleeves for my mp40's but honestly I still have a mess in there lol hence I never take pics of it xD

JTwinning

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Denver - Are you using the red sea ATO tank? If so, what have you found to be the easiest way to replenish the tank? Thanks.

OP
OP
Cherub

Cherub

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Denver - Are you using the red sea ATO tank? If so, what have you found to be the easiest way to replenish the tank? Thanks.
Hey there, I have a hose from my RO unit that I put in there twice a week. I just use a long hose form the laundry room which is on the other side of the wall. I also 3D printed a hose clip for it that holds the hose in place as long as you need, my partner designed it and it works well. If you want to use the hose clip the link for the 3D print design is https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2547910 anyone is welcome to take the design, it's sized perfectly for the glass on the ato. At least the 625xxl sump glass lol. Hope this helps!

EzraZamir

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! Love this tank and I'm planning to buy one in a few months. I'm trying to get dimensions of the dry side. Would you mind posting the dimensions of that space? I'm thinking about getting a board and attaching it to the back so I can attach all my equipment and feed the cables through holes. I'm searching online and can't seem to find the inside dimensions.

Porkstar

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did 15”X29” with 3/4” space on sides to feed cables. Then 2X4 on back to have 2” gap to hide cables

OP
OP
Cherub

Cherub

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! Love this tank and I'm planning to buy one in a few months. I'm trying to get dimensions of the dry side. Would you mind posting the dimensions of that space? I'm thinking about getting a board and attaching it to the back so I can attach all my equipment and feed the cables through holes. I'm searching online and can't seem to find the inside dimensions.
19x24x28 inches

OP
OP
Cherub

Cherub

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This video is a week late, sorry for that. I recorded it and didn't like the quality so I redid the video today. I completed the long 14 day treatment of fluconazole for bryopsis. I am very happy with the results but not all of the algae is gone. But most of it did die and I am perfectly happy with the results. I will treat it again after I've skimmed out 2 weeks of fish poo lol. Going to let the tank have a break then obliterate the remaining algae!

Globalbutterfly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the great build thread. I’m new to the hobby, started with a little 13.5 gal Evo and fell in love and knew I wanted a REAL tank. Been piecing a used 57 gal together myself for a couple of months, a bit at a time so I would learn. Finally decided this morning to quit being so bloody minded and just ordered what I really wanted - a 625. Pick it up this weekend.

OP
OP
Cherub

Cherub

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the great build thread. I’m new to the hobby, started with a little 13.5 gal Evo and fell in love and knew I wanted a REAL tank. Been piecing a used 57 gal together myself for a couple of months, a bit at a time so I would learn. Finally decided this morning to quit being so bloody minded and just ordered what I really wanted - a 625. Pick it up this weekend.
You won't regret it! Its a lovely tank and the sump makes it all too convenient to maintain. It's all well designed. On vacation sorry for the delay.

Cheers!

OP
OP
Cherub

Cherub

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Working on a vid for an update stay tuned.

Yeah on the you tube app it doesn’t work. Works in the browser though.

It’s looking awesome!! So jealous you’re able to start filling it! Cycling stage is so boring hey!

Are you still around? I am curious how your tank is doing?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back