Cherub's Red Sea Reefer XXL 625

Katieandjon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Working on a vid for an update stay tuned.

Are you still around? I am curious how your tank is doing?

Hey, we are indeed! Tank doing well thanks. We’ve moved everything over from the nano and set up as an observation QT. Added a few fish recently, got a few more the QT to go in this weekend, all going well. Added some SPS frags to test the water, so I think the next think will be adding a doser. Few updates on the thread [emoji4]. Looks looks like it’s coming on nicely, looking forward to your next update video!

OP
OP
Cherub

Cherub

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very cool. I have been using kalkwasser in my ato to dose but think I will switch to a 3 part soon. Been waiting and waiting and waiting for eKoral to release their controller but I have grown weary lol... I use a reefkeeper for now and it's ok but I want something that controls it all. I found your build thread on that site you linked. Looking good! How do you like the xr15's?

Z3speed4me

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So real quick... mentioned the dry side is 19x24x28 inches

So the sump cabinet (not the actual glass sump itself) size is??? 38ishx24x28 ???
I am assuming the separation panel is about an inch, and prob a half inch on each side of the sump for clearance.

OP
OP
Cherub

Cherub

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So real quick... mentioned the dry side is 19x24x28 inches

So the sump cabinet (not the actual glass sump itself) size is??? 38ishx24x28 ???
I am assuming the separation panel is about an inch, and prob a half inch on each side of the sump for clearance.
20180323_105916.jpg

Z3speed4me

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you sir! Looking at one of these as my next upgrade, definitely not keeping the stock sump. Wanted to see if a trigger 39 would fit... guess not :(
Their 34 is too small to make me feel comfortable about the water volume.

OP
OP
Cherub

Cherub

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you sir! Looking at one of these as my next upgrade, definitely not keeping the stock sump. Wanted to see if a trigger 39 would fit... guess not :(
Their 34 is too small to make me feel comfortable about the water volume.
the sump it comes with is pretty nice still. Does everything I need it to. Has room for a skimmer, reactor and fuge. the divider comes out too if you dont want a fuge

Z3speed4me

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea but as you and others have said, it’s the sump layout and flow pattern I am not a fan of. It’s in the wrong order to an extent.

Z3speed4me

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well nothing has happened yet... I am moving my current tank this Friday (terrified). New build won't happen for a few months until I am settled in the new house for a bit and figure out where it's definitely going and my final plumbing setup (hopeful that my wife lets me do a basement sump and open metal stand)

OP
OP
Cherub

Cherub

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates?? Miss seeing more of this tank!
Hey there sorry for not having any updates. Tank is just there lol. I did get an eKoral controller last week though. I've been using a RKL since September waiting and waiting for this thing to be released. I ordered the first day I could. I love this thing so far! I made a video today for the eKoral dosing pump give away. So I will post it on here too I guess lol. It's not long, it's just to show my tank and the eKoral controller. By the way this controller is awesome so far! I'm only a week in but I love it so far.

and a couple of pics

A.jpg

B.jpg

C.JPG

D.JPG

E.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Cherub

Cherub

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
also if you can go to facebook and hit like on my reply to the contest post so I can win that would be great! "Gabe Silva" posts and screw the competition lol

https://www.facebook.com/eKoralAquaria/

Youtube deleted my song... since when is classical a copyright infringement? the whole reason you hear it on Bugs Bunny cartoons is the lack of royalties... I hate youtube. So my video is silent now...

Last edited:

chum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
awesome build, love that powder blue tang.

OP
OP
Cherub

Cherub

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
also if you can go to facebook and hit like on my reply to the contest post so I can win that would be great! "Gabe Silva" posts and screw the competition lol

https://www.facebook.com/eKoralAquaria/

Youtube deleted my song... since when is classical a copyright infringement? the whole reason you hear it on Bugs Bunny cartoons is the lack of royalties... I hate youtube. So my video is silent now...
Hello, looking for some likes on my pics to win the contest! If you use facebook I would appreciate a couple of minutes of your time to like my pics and help me win a doser! Link in the quote as well as my name so you know whick pics to like.

Thanks!

OP
OP
Cherub

Cherub

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven't updated this in a long time! I had a huge aiptasia outbreak and lost most of my corals, I about quit the hobby. My bounce shrooms and a couple of zoas survived, that's it. I lost fish too from them. I tried everything, nudibranchs, aiptasia-x, f-aiptasia, kalk, peppermints. Nothing worked... the peppermints and wrasses would eat my nudis. Well I finally caught my last wrasse and peppermint and sold them and ended up buying nudibranchs again. They finally worked! They ate every last aiptasia I had. it ook a few months as I had hundreds...

The past three weeks I have been going hog wild buying corals. I can't seem to stop lol. I will post pics soon, as my frags start settling in. I feel like I'm addicted to buying coral at this point as every spare dime I have goes to corals. Anyone else feel this way??

ZomboMeme 28092017231858.jpg

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 122 81.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back