Chicago Sunburst anemone

unklez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chicago sunburst anemone, what color is the foot does anyone know? is it red?

Last edited:
OP
OP
U

unklez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright I just ordered this sunburst for 100 bux. It's arriving tomorrow I really wonder if the color is really gold looking like in the picture and it has a red foot too. Apparently it's sourced from the Maldives.

2022-05-21_00_31_53.jpg

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright I just ordered this sunburst for 100 bux. It's arriving tomorrow I really wonder if the color is really gold looking like in the picture and it has a red foot too. Apparently it's sourced from the Maldives.

2022-05-21_00_31_53.jpg
I mean it doesn't get any cooler than that, the colors are amazing! Can you post a picture when its looking happy in your tank?

afrokobe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

2022-05-21_00_31_53.jpg
Do you have a link to where you bought these?

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it is a wild nem from the Maldvies, then it is not a Chicago Sunburst. Chicagos do not have the marbled foot like the Colorados do - the Colorados keep the marbled foot. The Colorados that I see have brighter yellow tips. Either can turn into a "lemondrop" with just blue lighting but they also will turn back if you change the lighting.

All in all, they are quite similar and unless you want to just farm them, the average hobbyist likely would be happy with either.

FWIW - I have whole pile of Colorados that I got from the original source at Keys, got another one or two from Gonzo when he was still here and a few more as people left the hobby. There are photos in my re-build thread if you want to look and they are all confirmed 100% legit colorados.

OP
OP
U

unklez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah im not after a Chicago or whatever names just like those anemones because they're yellow and gold colored and it seems mine is more yellow\gold colored :p Guess I'll know for sure tomorrow.

OP
OP
U

unklez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks really nice though not complainting just not what I was expecting ^^

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 33 33.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 21 21.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 9.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 27 27.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.0%
Back