Child percentage

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Fishyfish22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I'm so confused on how the percentage works for child in sync/anti sync for vortechs

I set the child to 100, thinking it'll make the pump just match what the main is doing for nutrient transport or gyre. Instead, it goes at 100% of its strength. Sand all over the place, torches ticked off, etc.

Do I have to copy the schedule and adjust the flow one segment at a time? I dont want to set it to a fixed amount because my main will usually go around 50-70% during the day and then 30% at night.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I'm so confused on how the percentage works for child in sync/anti sync.

I set the child to 100, thinking it'll make the pump just match what the main is doing for nutrient transport or gyre. Instead, it goes at 100% of its strength. Sand all over the place, torches ticked off, etc.

Do I have to copy the schedule and adjust the flow one segment at a time? I dont want to set it to a fixed amount because my main will usually go around 50-70% during the day and then 30% at night.
If Ai light, the child should share the same settings as mine did

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Oh I should've mentioned, I'm using vortechs! One mp40+1mp60 on each side
Should be the same. Im sure there are hints and video on you tube

OP
OP
Fishyfish22

Fishyfish22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Should be the same. Im sure there are hints and video on you tube
I set the child (left mp60) to 100% of the parent (right mp60) which is at 60%, see the difference in gph. It's also drastically stronger in the tank too, so it'snot just a "ecotech readig wrong" the same thing happens with the mp40s as I set them to follow the parent.

Only thing keeping me from adding them to the mxm with the radions is the lack of sync/anti-sync

Screenshot_20230701_225424_Mobius.jpg

Screenshot_20230701_225437_Mobius.jpg

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I set the child (left mp60) to 100% of the parent (right mp60) which is at 60%, see the difference in gph. It's also drastically stronger in the tank too, so it'snot just a "ecotech readig wrong" the same thing happens with the mp40s as I set them to follow the parent.

Only thing keeping me from adding them to the mxm with the radions is the lack of sync/anti-sync

Screenshot_20230701_225424_Mobius.jpg

Screenshot_20230701_225437_Mobius.jpg
I agree there should not be a variance. Unfortunately, about a decade ago Ecotech did me very wrong and I dropped everything if theirs I had. I even sold their product and know everything they have but not so much the newest program aspect

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This used to be the way it worked, but during wxm collaboration, they changed it to the other way.

The child @ 100% will go full blast...

zoomonster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been using the WXM module with Vortech's for a long time and I typically program one and copy it to the second. Then I change the second one's pulse phase to anti sync. As far as I know you always have to set the percentages for each and there is no inherited percentage. If you have pulse set to 50 and anti sync set to 100 that's exactly the percent they are going to run at. The same is true of the interval setting. I do also have a MXM module now but I'm just using for Radions with no plans to add the chip to anything.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fishyfish22

Fishyfish22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I've been using the WXM module with Vortech's for a long time and I typically program one and copy it to the second. Then I change the second one's pulse phase to anti sync. As far as I know you always have to set the percentages for each and there is no inherited percentage. If you have pulse set to 50 and anti sync set to 100 that's exactly the percent they are going to run at. The same is true of the interval setting. I do also have a MXM module now but I'm just using for Radions with no plans to add the chip to anything.
I have the mxm, I want to add the vortechs onto it but I don't want to do so before the sync/anti sync get released on it

All the problems I'm having are through mobius rn

zoomonster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the mxm, I want to add the vortechs onto it but I don't want to do so before the sync/anti sync get released on it

All the problems I'm having are through mobius rn
Yeah I have 8 year old MP40wQD's on WXM. I'll ride that setup as long as possible and won't switch to mQD until they die or the WXM dies. MXM is also somewhat incomplete for lighting. I have a Vectra M2 and don't ever see putting in a chip. I only ever used Mobius for the lights and that was a pain with frequent sync issues. They did put out an update to MXM the other day but have yet to see what it fixed.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 53 33.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back