Chiller (Artica or Teco)

  • Thread starter Thread starter wcharon
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

wcharon

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 24, 2010
Messages
434
Reaction score
175
Location
PR
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi to all the Community...

My Artica Chiller 1/4 is not keeping up no more. It have been with me around 15 years and the compressor was replaced around 6 years so with that in mind to me it have worked great.

I am looking for a replacement but this time i will go with a 1/3 as the other one needed around 1 1/2 hour to pull down 2 degrees. I am also looking to minimize electrical costs.

i know the Artica is proven and have given me great service but the question i have is should i remain with the Artica 1/3 or should i go with the Teco 2000 as it is newer with technology and i assume that i should expect less AMP consumption? Both come with 2 year warranty.

I appreciate your feedback and thanks in advance.
 
I’ve used both and very impressed with teco which I still use
 
I’ve used both and very impressed with teco which I still use
Thanks for the feedback @vetteguy53081 ...

As you have experience with both how is the fan noise when it kicks as i have it in the family room and what timeframe it uses to lower the temp?

Any issues i should be aware?
 
Just seeing the Teco for the first time. I like the ability to direct the airflow. I'd just be sure that it is serviceable, preferably in your area.

I've used AquaLogic and Artica in the past and like both. The AquaLogic is definitely the more commercial of the two.
 
Thanks for the feedback @vetteguy53081 ...

As you have experience with both how is the fan noise when it kicks as i have it in the family room and what timeframe it uses to lower the temp?

Any issues i should be aware?
Teco isn’t too bad and arctic quieter
 
Thanks to all for jumping in...

@vetteguy53081 now you got me concerned with the Arctic being quieter. My tank is in the Family room so noise and electrical consumption are my main concerns. Decision. Decisions...
 
Thanks to all for jumping in...

@vetteguy53081 now you got me concerned with the Arctic being quieter. My tank is in the Family room so noise and electrical consumption are my main concerns. Decision. Decisions...
The main noise is upon startup and shutdown, not when operating
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new