Leaking JB Artica chiller

  • Thread starter Thread starter Anton Wray
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Anton Wray

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 15, 2017
Messages
41
Reaction score
22
Location
Long Island NY
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello my fellow reefers
I have a 1/3 HP JB Artica chiller.
It has been working great for the past three and a half yrs
I noticed a major leak recently and had to take chiller off line. Fortunately since it's winter it's not currently needed.after inspecting the chiller I noticed that the outlet pipe was shattered internally. I am not certain how this occured.
Once it was installed, I did not move it around.
I reached out to the manufacturer and in our discussions it appeared that it was a defect and I would get some help.
Unfortunately I stopped hearing from the contact at JB Artica.
See image attached.
I would appreciate any suggestions .
Thank you.

17730166264359053291064439206099.jpg
 
Unless you had an extended warranty, I don’t see much recourse for you. Five years continuous service would be a good run on equipment. You got 80% of that.
 
Is that the sensor probe or oulet line? If so, not much pressure going though the lines, glue the piece back on using epoxy ( two part clear) then wrap the whole piece in jb waterweld, it'll hold.
 
Is that the sensor probe or oulet line? If so, not much pressure going though the lines, glue the piece back on using epoxy ( two part clear) then wrap the whole piece in jb waterweld, it'll hold.
Thanks, will do
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 25 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.3%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new