Chiller laying on its side - would this be a problem?

armandoarturo

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 1, 2020
Messages
97
Reaction score
41
Location
Mexico
What state or country do you live in
Arizona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!
It is well know that chillers, fridges, etc... should always be moved and transported upright because of the oil inside of them.
A friend of mine helped me transport a new 1/4 jbj chiller, and I was very clear about moving it upright.
To my surprise when it arrived I opened the car´s trunk, and the chiller was in the box laying on its side :dizzy-face::dizzy-face:

Would this cause trouble?

I have read to just keep it upright and dont turn it on for 24 hours...
Any advice?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new