Chiller temp creeping up over time

adtravels

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, I have an Hailea chiller that constantly takes the water down by on degree Celsius and continues to do so. However, I have noticed recently that my apex is showing they the average temperature of the tank has crept up from between 27 and 28 degrees Celsius and 27.3 and 28.3 degrees Celsius. This makes me think that A) the chiller is working as far as chilling the water yet B) the calibration of the chillers temp probe is slowly coming out of calibration.

I hopes this makes sense and I would like any opinions or agreement. I plan on cleaning the chiller chamber out at the weekend, removing the temp probe and cleaning it I will also clean the return pump to be safe. I will then monitor the system and see if the trend continues and perhaps look into replacing the probe and or recalibrating.

Dr. Reef

www.drreefsquarantinedfish.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no 2 temperature probes are ever the same and hardly ever will show same temp specially if they show few decimal points past the degrees. (27.00 C)
caliberating and cleaning will help getting them close but still wont be permanent.

OP
OP
adtravels

adtravels

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After several weeks of study and checking of probes it turned out that my Apex temperature probe was the thing causing the drift. When I replaced the probe the drift stopped. I wanted to document this as it may help others.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back