Chilli coral, easy and difficult?

  • Thread starter Thread starter atoll
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

atoll

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 20, 2012
Messages
5,978
Reaction score
11,174
Location
Wales UK
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody keeping a Chilli coral successfully?
Some say easy others difficult and for expert only.
The chilli coral.used yo be very co.mon here in the UK but it's been a long time since I last saw one.
This says easy but I don't believe they are.
https://www.aquariumcreationsonline.net/ChiliCoral.html
 
They are NPS so unless you are prepared to feed regularly I’d pass.
 
They are NPS so unless you are prepared to feed regularly I’d pass.
Thanks, yes I am aware of that. I did keep them many years ago but they would just wither away. Might be easier with modern foods.
 
I have one in my NPS tank for the last three months. It is in a fairly dark area of the tank with pretty good flow, hanging upside down. Basically it looks like a piece of beef lying there. One day, I turned on the lights and it was inflated with bright white polyps. I was shocked. I gave it some rotifers that the polyps closed on. That was it, one day it looked nice. Every day, I give it a squirt of the same food that I feed the rest of the NPS critters, phyto and oyster eggs and liquid nutrients mixed together. It doesn't move, grow, show decay or expand, just lays there. Not exactly a showpiece lol.
 
Lol, piece of beef. :)
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1264.jpg
    IMG_1264.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 331

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new