• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Chincaca - Chargeback before receiving corals

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Mateusz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
After doing quite a few sales on r2r over the months and never having an issue with anyone I finally encountered my first bad experience with someone.

The user Chincaca had ordered roughly $200 in zoas from me. I did a buy 5 get 1 free zoas. He ordered 10 zoas + 2 free and shipping was $236 plus fees. When he asked where to pay I gave him my paypal address along with this:

If paying goods and services please include the fee which can be calculated here https://thefeecalculator.com/

Should be $7.36 so $243.36 unless sending FF, that is up to you.

Please also include your full name, good shipping address, and the day you want it shipped to ya!

Because I said he has the option to pay F&F he said he is reporting me to R2R for a violation even though I simply gave him an option on how to pay, I never demanded he make a payment F&F. Who says this to someone???

His package was shipped yesterday but unfortunately was delayed at the Memphis hub. Anyone who has bought anything from me before knows I will always refund the shipping money if the package is delayed and eat that cost myself. He has so far tried to figure out who to assign blame to, telling me I didn't ship the corals on time even though I work next to the main FedEx hub. I told him it is rather rude to not allow me a chance to respond before going to paypal for a claim, and this is a big problem with Paypal as well.

This is the first claim i've had to deal with, but it seems way too easy for them to file a claim even when the package is still in transit. Unfortunately I have no way to turn this package around or I would and refund him his full amount to be done with this guy.

Just thought people should be aware because even though i've had minor issues with people before, i've never had anyone have the audacity to file a claim and feel they deserve free stuff for absolutely no reason because FedEx didn't deliver something on time for them.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mateusz

Mateusz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
messagechincaca.PNG

I'm not sure if i'm allowed to screenshot messages but I feel like this is someone trying to seriously take advantage of a situation. Exactly what lesson am I being taught? That I should be logged onto r2r and infront of my PC and never leave it?

OP
OP
Mateusz

Mateusz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
chincacappal.PNG

And now blames me for not dropping the package off till 9:49pm. I shipped 5 packages out yesterday with this guy being the only one delayed, but somehow he's gotta make a stink and find some reason to blame me or someone versus the fact it just was delayed and out of anyones hands.

I drop the packages off late because 1) less transit time which is better for the corals and 2) the plane doesn't leave till after FedEx closes at 10PM so it makes no difference. The package was delayed at the main Memphis hub, has nothing to even do with me.

Last edited:

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reminder;
This is a feedback thread. Outside comments are not permitted with exception to linking to your own feedback thread regarding one or both of the parties involved. Only @Mateusz and @Chincaca are permitted to post regarding this transaction.
Thanks everyone and have a great day :)

Crabs

Chincaca

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
there are 3 issues with you. First, I do believe that if they would have been dropped off earlier that this issue may not have happen. I could be wrong. But 949 pm seems late. I ship out hundreds of boxes a week (im in freshwater aquaculture) I'm not in a near a hub so I concede it may be different for you. The main issue I have with you was your lack of communication. I sent you several messages. You logged in at 1050 am. I had sent 3 messages buy then. You chose not to respond. A simple " it happens don't worry any issue I'll take care of you". You know a little customer service would have saved you a lot of headache. 12 hours goes by. no response. So I thought I'd try to get your attention. So I reported an issue with paypal. Amazingly enough with in 20 mins you messaged me. Funny how that works. If the corals arrive well and I'll report to PayPal we worked it out. once again a little communication and all this could have been avoided. Because honestly after 12 hours of silence I was hot. So since you want to air this so publicly you also violate 2 rules for sellers here. First, you hinted that I should send ff through PayPal. If I didn't I need to pay the fee. Both are against the rules you agreed to as a privilege to sell here. Like I said if all is good you will get your money. Like I told you let this be a lesson learned. A simple one sentence message in a 12hr period and you could have avoided all of this.

Screenshot_20200630-182150.png

Last edited:

Chincaca

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol just saw you said I sent threatening messages. Never once did I threaten
you. I do think it can be a learning experience for you. If you have a problem learning and if that is scary or threatening. That's on you. Also, just saw you gonna give shipping credit. I don't want any refund. I want what I paid for. Shipping is part of the cost. If the corals die. Then yes. The one reason I did buy from was your reputation before this and that you don't have that BS statement that if it's lost or delayed I get to keep your money. I also would not discourage any one from buying from you. If the corals are fine I will let everyone know. Did I act hastily. Sure. But I was upset at your lack of response. I can get hot. I just stewed. YOU not responding made it worst especially when I can see you logged on. You will get your money. No doubt about it. I'm not here to steal from some guy trying to make a buck. Although I do think some of these sellers are thieves if they can keep your money because it does die due to shipping delays. I think that is a bigger issue for r2r. It didn't work for us but we move on.

Last edited:

Chincaca

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well now you have to refund my money. message from my FedEx driver. Please include the processing fee you make your customers pay.

Screenshot_20200701-090449.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mateusz

Mateusz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
well now you have to refund my money. message from my FedEx driver. Please include the processing fee you make your customers pay.

Screenshot_20200701-090449.png

Yes, on the advice of others I had the package returned to me regardless of if it makes it. You have been incredibly rude since the beginning of this. This is a hobby to me, not a business, and you assume I was by the computer. I treat everyone I deal with respect and make good on anything that goes wrong.

Before awaiting a response you took to paypal, then send me multiple threatening messages. I got home around 10AM from work, took my computer out of sleep mode and responded to a friend on facebook. I hadn't even checked R2R but apparently my computer being awoke out of sleep was enough to show me as active. If you notice I didn't read your message till after. Then you reported me to the admins for simply being polite about payment options. I never demanded you pay any certain way, I only left option open, and after speaking to an admin on here I will revise every future post. There was no reason to go to an admin other than out of spite, you could have simply brought it to my attention if anything because I do my best to follow the rules set forth on this forum.

You told me you were going to
teach me a lesson
but you aren't. I treat everyone who buys from me as good as I can. You should learn to have some patience and not send a number of threatening and insulting messages towards someone before they even have the chance to respond, including placing blame on me when I ship the same way to everyone everytime. Once I receive confirmation the corals are back at the facility and on their way back to me I will gladly clear up the funds for you.

I just checked tracking and it shows it's in the drivers possession still.

Last edited:

Chincaca

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
unlike you I violated no rules. you are the one who 'suggests" I should send friend and family if your customer doesn't then you make the pay the fee. 2 rules you violated. lesson you need to learn is communication and customer service. you had 12 hours to reply. you logged in 3 hours after my first message. and only the last message was I an butt and never threatened you. so you are also a liar or have a weird perceptive of what a threat is.

OP
OP
Mateusz

Mateusz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0

I'm really sorry you don't know how to act like an adult. I have nothing further to say regarding this situation with you. You can check the package here

and see that it still shows it is currently with the driver. Until I see the package moving back in my direction I cannot do anything. I love how you're reaction to all this is to give me laughing emoji's. You are a buyer everyone should steer clear of.

Just the fact you say you are going to slip the driver 50 bucks to steal the package is essentially a crime in itself had the driver done it, why would he risk his job for you? You're very immature. Notice how the driver also gave you one word answers and didn't entertain anything you had said.

Last edited:

Chincaca

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm just having fun with ya now. thought you would enjoy that. since I know how tightly wound you are. the driver said a lot more I just cropped it out just in case. so where are those threatening messages? plural as more than one. we are all waiting with beited breath. if you want to acuse me of crimes, lol, then why haven't you gone to the authorities/admins for me "threatening" you? because I didn't. I know that and you know that. you are a liar and a guy who skirts the rules here to get a few extra bucks out of your customers. those are facts. come back to the world of reality and deal with them then your fantasy world. good luck to ya

Last edited by a moderator:

Chincaca

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
clearly states it iis in memphis. I'm not worried just wanted to post more proof. guess you won't be able to charge your customers the fee anymore. or suggest they send ff. lol those are gonna be some nice corals when you get them back

Screenshot_20200703-100603.png

OP
OP
Mateusz

Mateusz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
The refund shall be issued when I receive the package back. Take care. This is the last I will be responding to this thread.

Regarding the fee, I spoke to one of the moderators here and they said as long as I include it in my asking price from now on it's not an issue. Why is your goal continually to just try and get someone in trouble? Do you have nothing better to do?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mateusz

Mateusz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Well i got the package safe and sound tonight, nice present before work. Surprisingly half of it is still alive after like 9 days. I hope you learn to not be such. Hot head with people in the future.

I will accept and issue your refund on paypal shortly.

20200706_210440_HDR.jpg
20200706_210727.jpg
20200706_210737_HDR.jpg
20200706_210744.jpg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 34.7%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 24.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back