Chip in tank

Rikske1991

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 24, 2020
Messages
2
Reaction score
1
Location
netherlands
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there, found a chip on the bottom of the outside corner of my tank 66g, its not leaking.
Still fine to use?

20200824_184948.jpg 20200824_184922.jpg 20200824_184834.jpg 20200824_172656.jpg
 
There are two concerning things here

1) It's chipped along the silicone. If part of the glass touching the silicone came loose I would get a new tank

2) It is at the lowest point on the tank and will have 100% of the water pressure pushing on it all the time. This would concern me in the long run, not necessarily right now, but 6 months from now when you think everything is fine, the seam may let go.

Only being 65g, I would go get another one. It sucks, but peace of mind is what you need.

I had a 190g tank with a chip half way up one corner for 3yrs. EVERY TIME I looked at the tank I thought about the chip and what could happen.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new