Chipped front pane of glass, panic time?

Darkxness

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there,

Was doing a water change and must have somehow chipped the front glass of my AquaNano 60.

The chip is on the outside and at the deepest part seems to be around half of the depth of the glass deep.

There doesn't seem to be any runners/cracks but it is right the the top of the glass.

I have superglued the chip back in.

Is this safe or should I drain some water and replace this weekend?

Thanks in advance

photo_2024-04-13_19-07-21 (2).jpg photo_2024-04-13_19-07-21.jpg photo_2024-04-13_19-09-15.jpg

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there,

Was doing a water change and must have somehow chipped the front glass of my AquaNano 60.

The chip is on the outside and at the deepest part seems to be around half of the depth of the glass deep.

There doesn't seem to be any runners/cracks but it is right the the top of the glass.

I have superglued the chip back in.

Is this safe or should I drain some water and replace this weekend?

Thanks in advance

photo_2024-04-13_19-07-21 (2).jpg photo_2024-04-13_19-07-21.jpg photo_2024-04-13_19-09-15.jpg
That’s at the top of the tank above the water line?
It’s not anywhere near the seams….

I’d think it should be fine and doesn’t risk any kind of failure.
But def be sure to monitor it and make sure it doesn’t spread in case there’s some small cracks you can’t see

OP
OP
Darkxness

Darkxness

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s at the top of the tank above the water line?
It’s not anywhere near the seams….

I’d think it should be fine and doesn’t risk any kind of failure.
But def be sure to monitor it and make sure it doesn’t spread in case there’s some small cracks you can’t see
Yep right at the top of the tank.
There is no seams on this tank except the back corners, fronts are rounded, it's a single piece for the front and two sides.

I'll keep an eye on it every day, thanks for the reply!

braaap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Personally I wouldn't be overly worried. It could cause it to crack straight down from there and split on the next contact or stress. So if you can afford to replace it I would. But I wouldn't IMMEDIATELY do it.

OP
OP
Darkxness

Darkxness

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally I wouldn't be overly worried. It could cause it to crack straight down from there and split on the next contact or stress. So if you can afford to replace it I would. But I wouldn't IMMEDIATELY do it.
Great understood.
Will head to my LFS and see what they have, might be a good excuse to upgrade..

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 30 36.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 11 13.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 31.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 14 16.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back