Chipped shell

Rick Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 23, 2013
Messages
31
Reaction score
2
Location
Chicago
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I accidentally chipped the top edge of my clams she'll it was kinda soft tissue holding the shell on I removed the broke off piece and the clam don't seem to be bothered by it as of now is there anything I should be looking for or do.
20160203_110152.jpg
 
Assuming it isn't much. Just leave it alone. I should form new shell in time.
 
I vr done it on my squammy before it'll b fine. In the wild ud b hard pressed to find one without a broken shell.
 
By the way....beautiful....I'm a clam lover myself.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 35.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new