Chocolate sea star

  • Thread starter Thread starter karlaramey
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

karlaramey

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 1, 2026
Messages
40
Reaction score
15
Location
augusta
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! Does anyone have experience with the chocolate sea star? I just got one today for my 32. I have read they are not meant for a 32 long term? Also. Are there any quirks about them I should know about ? How to feed them (I just ordered a 24 inch tong). How often. How to keep them hardy (if needed?). Any information on them greatly appreciated. Thanks much !
 
Hello! Does anyone have experience with the chocolate sea star? I just got one today for my 32. I have read they are not meant for a 32 long term? Also. Are there any quirks about them I should know about ? How to feed them (I just ordered a 24 inch tong). How often. How to keep them hardy (if needed?). Any information on them greatly appreciated. Thanks much !
I think many people buy those for food for shrimp.
 
not helpful.
Duly noted.

Helpful is when you research a purchase first right?

Chocolate stars may graze on corals, sponges and gorgonian. Ideally an established system with plenty of live rock. Some have supplented the diet with clams.

What else can I spoon feed you while you're here?
 
Duly noted.

Helpful is when you research a purchase first right?

Chocolate stars may graze on corals, sponges and gorgonian. Ideally an established system with plenty of live rock. Some have supplented the diet with clams.

What else can I spoon feed you while you're here?
Uhmmmm. I’m not picky. Little of this and that :).
 
I think this guy eats Toad Stools

1778114119437.png
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 5 38.5%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 23.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new