Choosing a replacement ATO

Levinson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had Auto Aqua Smart ATO Lite running for about 1 year and it stopped working. I found 2 cracks on the plastic housing of the sensor unit and drops of water have made their way into the sensor unit. At one point, I almost managed to fix it but it's too far gone now I need a new ATO. Apparently, this cracking issue has happened with this product to some other people in the past as well.

Living in Korea, I don't have many options, and most of them are from Aliexpress.
These are what I found so far.

1. Brand: ? , Name: 'Aquamedia style ATO(?)' , They say it's the same as the Aquamedic ATO.
2. Brand: Jebao, Name: Jebato 150 ATO, Seems quite new hence couldn't find any reviews.
3. Brand: Kamoer, Name: ATO(?), There seem to be some negative reviews on Amazon.
4. Brand: AutoAqua, Name: Smart ATO lite, One that broke. Not sure if I wanna risk it again. Good unit if it hadn't been for the crack issue. Shame.

Does anyone have any experience with or hear about any of the ATOs above? What do you reckon?
I'm also willing to look at other more costly options (from other countries) if I feel the product is worth it so any other recommendations are also welcome.
Cheers.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I personally like the auto aqua. Junk seems to be the other favorite

OP
OP
Levinson

Levinson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally like the auto aqua. Junk seems to be the other favorite
Thanks for the input, just worried the auto aqua one will crack again.
Can I ask what you mean by 'Junk'? Doesn't sound like a name of a brand, though it would've been funny if it was.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Thanks for the input, just worried the auto aqua one will crack again.
Can I ask what you mean by 'Junk'? Doesn't sound like a name of a brand, though it would've been funny if it was.
Gosh I hate spell correct
Meant JBJ, not the word junk

OP
OP
Levinson

Levinson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One more added to the list.
5. Brand: Magtool, Name: Smart ATO

I wonder if I can get the Auto aqua again and coat the sensor with something (like silicone) to prevent it from cracking?

OP
OP
Levinson

Levinson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you able to set up an old school gravity fed ATO? What tank do you have?
It's an AIO 30 gal tank but things may change in the near future. If you are referring to the top off reservoir sitting above the tank, I don't really have a room for it plus I prefer ATO.

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It's an AIO 30 gal tank but things may change in the near future. If you are referring to the top off reservoir sitting above the tank, I don't really have a room for it plus I prefer ATO.
I'm still using my Tunze 3155 that I purchased for my AIO 22g 7 years ago. Have you looked on eBay?

reefz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t get another Auto Aqua. My experience is I had to replace it 3 times, after each one breaking after 6 months. It seems that a lot of people have this happen too. I just went with a different brand and it works great.

OP
OP
Levinson

Levinson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t get another Auto Aqua. My experience is I had to replace it 3 times, after each one breaking after 6 months. It seems that a lot of people have this happen too. I just went with a different brand and it works great.
May I ask which brand you have switched to?

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tunze Osmolator is best of breed, IMO. Just get one and be happy for a long time.

I have one on each tank - I did have a pump quit, but it was like $20, so I got a few more.

Back