Choosing a skimmer ?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mearle
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Mearle

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 26, 2015
Messages
65
Reaction score
4
Location
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys im new to the hobby imtrying to choose my first skimmer and im not sure what to go with im leaning towards a super reef octopus 3000 internal for about 500$ i have a 120 gallon tank with a 40 sump and i am almost sure i will be upgrading the tank size in the future so I want something that can handle about 220gallons with a full stock tank which this skimmer claims to do if anyone can refer a skimmer under 500$ that they have had personal experiance with for a cupple years I would greatly appreciate it thanks all
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new