- Joined
- Sep 16, 2026
- Messages
- 76
- Reaction score
- 65
- What state or country do you live in
- California
So I’ve been looking around at different online stores, and right now I’m seriously considering the Innovative Marine EXT 150G Lagoon.
My main limitation is space. I have roughly a 4 ft x 3 ft footprint to work with, and budget wise I’d really like to stay around $3,000 to $4,000.
I’ve already checked out quite a few other options and brands, including Waterbox (which feels to tight 2 feet long), Glass Cages, Advanced Acrylics. The problem I keep running into is that the tanks are either too large for my space, noticeably more expensive once you add the stand and sump, or they just don’t seem like a better overall deal than the Innovative Marine.
So I figured I’d reach out to you guys and see if there are any better deals or tanks I may have missed.
Are there any brands or systems you would consider better than Innovative Marine in this price range?
From everything I’ve read, Innovative Marine seems to have a pretty good reputation, and the EXT 150G looks like a lot of tank for the money. I just want to make sure I know all of my options before spending that much.
And no, I’m not buying Red Sea. I’ve read way too many nightmare posts about them.
My main limitation is space. I have roughly a 4 ft x 3 ft footprint to work with, and budget wise I’d really like to stay around $3,000 to $4,000.
I’ve already checked out quite a few other options and brands, including Waterbox (which feels to tight 2 feet long), Glass Cages, Advanced Acrylics. The problem I keep running into is that the tanks are either too large for my space, noticeably more expensive once you add the stand and sump, or they just don’t seem like a better overall deal than the Innovative Marine.
So I figured I’d reach out to you guys and see if there are any better deals or tanks I may have missed.
Are there any brands or systems you would consider better than Innovative Marine in this price range?
From everything I’ve read, Innovative Marine seems to have a pretty good reputation, and the EXT 150G looks like a lot of tank for the money. I just want to make sure I know all of my options before spending that much.
And no, I’m not buying Red Sea. I’ve read way too many nightmare posts about them.