Chris' Acropolis (Reef Savvy 88)

Catchemall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright alright, we'll make a quick dog digression. :rolleyes: That is Eva, our 2 year old Siberian Husky. Her parents are both sled dogs from northern Minnesota. Her favorite hobbies include chasing rabbits in the neighborhood, treats, and not listening.

eva-1.jpg
She looks enthused lol

OP
OP
ChristopherKriens

ChristopherKriens

Unknown Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Enough of this equipment business for now. The first coral I've added (technically speaking) is the Fox Flame. This an acro that I've kept an eye on for a while. It first began appearing in early 2014 and is probably synonymous with the "Burning Candle." The axial corallites are yellow-green and the radials also get a splash of color in high light. The polyps themselves have no color that I can see. The base is normally red, although everything I've added so far has gone to the light side so it may continue to be pink for awhile until I get things dialed in.

reefaboo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Enough of this equipment business for now. The first coral I've added (technically speaking) is the Fox Flame. This an acro that I've kept an eye on for a while. It first began appearing in early 2014 and is probably synonymous with the "Burning Candle." The axial corallites are yellow-green and the radials also get a splash of color in high light. The polyps themselves have no color that I can see. The base is normally red, although everything I've added so far has gone to the light side so it may continue to be pink for awhile until I get things dialed in.

this is beautiful ... what amount of lighting is this recieving ? high ? low ? medium ?

also would you say your tank is ULNS or borderline low nutrient system or high nutrients :D

finally can you share with us your lighting schedule ?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Purdy! :p

OP
OP
ChristopherKriens

ChristopherKriens

Unknown Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The frag racks finally came in today. Rick from Synergy Reef came out of "custom frag rack" retirement for these, so I owe him one.

Until now, I've been using a few small magnetic racks to keep things in place. I decided to get the racks in four parts so that they could be removed individually without needing to remove lighting or other equipment. The racks themselves are made from the same laminate process as the sump and auto top off reservoir, with black on top and red on the bottom. Each rack is 17" x 18". I'll have to find some mechanism to couple them together once they're in the water so they don't drift apart.

Each rack has 182 slots for a total of 728 :brainoverload:

From an angle you can see the red bottom through each frag hole, but when viewing the rack from the top, the red component is very subtle so it won't be a distracting while viewing coral.

The legs put the racks 3½" above the bottom of the tank which is just enough room for a Bristletooth Tang, who is already loving the new things to swim through and around.

The logo is kind of hard to see unless it's backlit.

Will get some shots of them in place soon.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The frag racks finally came in today. Rick from Synergy Reef came out of "custom frag rack" retirement for these, so I owe him one.

Until now, I've been using a few small magnetic racks to keep things in place. I decided to get the racks in four parts so that they could be removed individually without needing to remove lighting or other equipment. The racks themselves are made from the same laminate process as the sump and auto top off reservoir, with black on top and red on the bottom. Each rack is 17" x 18". I'll have to find some mechanism to couple them together once they're in the water so they don't drift apart.

Each rack has 182 slots for a total of 728 :brainoverload:

From an angle you can see the red bottom through each frag hole, but when viewing the rack from the top, the red component is very subtle so it won't be a distracting while viewing coral.

The legs put the racks 3½" above the bottom of the tank which is just enough room for a Bristletooth Tang, who is already loving the new things to swim through and around.

The logo is kind of hard to see unless it's backlit.

Will get some shots of them in place soon.

Dude that is amazing!

Bronc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fantastic!! Do you have black frag plugs for it?

rs1831

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is amazing! Are you using live rock? If not, what are you using for biological filtration?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 40.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back