OP
ChristopherKriens

ChristopherKriens

Unknown Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to ask you @ChristopherKriens how do you like your Vertex Omega 15o ? I only ask due to the fact that I am looking at the smaller Vertex Omega 130 , for something I have planned for when I am back home.

It’s a good skimmer overall, never had any issues with it. My only complaints are with maintenance- the skimmer cup threads on and takes a couple of full turns to detach. You sort of need two hands to unscrew the cup, but you need a third hand to hold the body in place. If you move the body too much, the pump will just detach as it’s coupled with a little piece of silicone to the body. I ended up cleaning this skimmer less because it was slightly annoying to work on. Otherwise it’s a great skimmer.

Clayton Jessup

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s a good skimmer overall, never had any issues with it. My only complaints are with maintenance- the skimmer cup threads on and takes a couple of full turns to detach. You sort of need two hands to unscrew the cup, but you need a third hand to hold the body in place. If you move the body too much, the pump will just detach as it’s coupled with a little piece of silicone to the body. I ended up cleaning this skimmer less because it was slightly annoying to work on. Otherwise it’s a great skimmer.

Thank you @ChristopherKriens for your honest input. I am considering buying the Omega 130 for what I have going on. I in between the Vertex or a Classic Reef Octopus [emoji223] 110 model . But I still have some time before I get back home .

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chris glad to see you still have a great tank running! I'm not on tcmas much (Tim btw) but hopefully I can catch a meeting if you ever have one in the future. Hope all is well!

JuanGutz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Holy moly! This is an amazing build and a dream tank for sure. Your photography is top notch. Thanks for keeping up with the progression. Photos are so darn good I had to follow you on insta to keep up.

OP
OP
ChristopherKriens

ChristopherKriens

Unknown Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is back up and running :)

reefsavvy-128.jpg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

PR_nano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing reef, I seen the YT video but didn't knew you had a thread here. Saving this for reading later after running some errands.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back