Chris' Acropolis (Reef Savvy 88)

A few fish images:

reefsavvy-109.jpg


reefsavvy-112.jpg


reefsavvy-111.jpg


reefsavvy-74.jpg
 
Wow! Those pictures of the fish, in particular the green chromis, are awesome.
 
Any recommendations to keeping a healthy school of green chromis? I was thinking of adding a school to a 90 gallon and have read mixed reports on success in captivity.
 
As a former ELOS owner, one of the best tanks I’ve ever owned. Great construction and engineering and from Italy!!
Beautiful purchase!!
 
Any recommendations to keeping a healthy school of green chromis? I was thinking of adding a school to a 90 gallon and have read mixed reports on success in captivity.

If you're getting a bigger group, just assume that they'll have Uronema and treat for it. It's so common that it's best to just be safe. For the first week or two, feed small amounts very frequently; they have high metabolisms and they'll be using a lot of energy as they settle into their social hierarchy.

I suspect that many of the reports of them killing each other off, etc. are actually early disease or nutrition problems.
 
If you're getting a bigger group, just assume that they'll have Uronema and treat for it. It's so common that it's best to just be safe. For the first week or two, feed small amounts very frequently; they have high metabolisms and they'll be using a lot of energy as they settle into their social hierarchy.

I suspect that many of the reports of them killing each other off, etc. are actually early disease or nutrition problems.
Thanks, appreciate the info.
 
Great photography
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new