Chris' Acropolis (Reef Savvy 88)

I wanted to ask you @ChristopherKriens how do you like your Vertex Omega 15o ? I only ask due to the fact that I am looking at the smaller Vertex Omega 130 , for something I have planned for when I am back home.
 
I wanted to ask you @ChristopherKriens how do you like your Vertex Omega 15o ? I only ask due to the fact that I am looking at the smaller Vertex Omega 130 , for something I have planned for when I am back home.

It’s a good skimmer overall, never had any issues with it. My only complaints are with maintenance- the skimmer cup threads on and takes a couple of full turns to detach. You sort of need two hands to unscrew the cup, but you need a third hand to hold the body in place. If you move the body too much, the pump will just detach as it’s coupled with a little piece of silicone to the body. I ended up cleaning this skimmer less because it was slightly annoying to work on. Otherwise it’s a great skimmer.
 
It’s a good skimmer overall, never had any issues with it. My only complaints are with maintenance- the skimmer cup threads on and takes a couple of full turns to detach. You sort of need two hands to unscrew the cup, but you need a third hand to hold the body in place. If you move the body too much, the pump will just detach as it’s coupled with a little piece of silicone to the body. I ended up cleaning this skimmer less because it was slightly annoying to work on. Otherwise it’s a great skimmer.

Thank you @ChristopherKriens for your honest input. I am considering buying the Omega 130 for what I have going on. I in between the Vertex or a Classic Reef Octopus [emoji223] 110 model . But I still have some time before I get back home .
 
Chris glad to see you still have a great tank running! I'm not on tcmas much (Tim btw) but hopefully I can catch a meeting if you ever have one in the future. Hope all is well!
 
Holy moly! This is an amazing build and a dream tank for sure. Your photography is top notch. Thanks for keeping up with the progression. Photos are so darn good I had to follow you on insta to keep up.
 
This is back up and running :)

reefsavvy-128.jpg
 
Amazing reef, I seen the YT video but didn't knew you had a thread here. Saving this for reading later after running some errands.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 29.2%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new