Chris' Acropolis (Reef Savvy 88)

Preme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What lighting settings are you using on the Radions?

Sonn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Such a beautiful build! Your Elos tank was inspiration! Love your ocd and attention to details lol! I'm building my sps tank at the moment and used the same color plumbing! It matches your sump perfectly! Wish you would have gone with t5 though it would look so slick hanging off the ceiling :)

edosan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice, did you read coral lab ecotech paper? You will need to move the lights up for optimal sps grow, 24 inches above water level (just to let you know)
Flawless build

Fate

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This build is awesome and very inspiring!

I have to agree on hanging the lights.. Those bars take from the slick look it has going right now

fragit

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice, did you read coral lab ecotech paper? You will need to move the lights up for optimal sps grow, 24 inches above water level (just to let you know)
Flawless build
Have you seen Chris' other build "Chris' algae farm"? I think he's got a handle on the radions.

edosan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last edited:
OP
OP
ChristopherKriens

ChristopherKriens

Unknown Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What lighting settings are you using on the Radions?

For now to get things up and running, I just copied the schedule over from the ELOS. I’m planning on creating a new schedule once I get some coral in here.

I did read the paper. The plan for now is to use a variation of SPS AB+. The goal is to optimize the schedule for growth for the day and then transition into light that’s nice for viewing in the evening during the ramp down (when I’m home). I will look into the recommended height; I do believe that EcoTech Marine claims to have designed the height of the RMS arms to be ideal for Radions, but a more intense schedule could change that.

…Wish you would have gone with t5 though it would look so slick hanging off the ceiling
I have to agree on hanging the lights.. Those bars take from the slick look it has going right now

I agree 100% that hanging the lights would improve aesthetics and allow easier access to the tank. I’m going to keep using the RMS, but this is something I'll revisit in the future. Because I can move and rotate the lights with this system, I should be able to find the perfect arrangement for coverage, and if I ever switch to a hanging kit I'll know exactly what I need.

OP
OP
ChristopherKriens

ChristopherKriens

Unknown Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a quick photo of the tang. I'm still working on finding the sweet spot for this lighting. The spot and stripe pattern are very reminiscent of the Kole tang, as are signature yellow eyes. Behind the head is where the differences start with a lighter red body. The caudal fin changes from pure white to a charcoal depending on mood.

edosan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Cris:

Just to let you know, ETM develop the RMS way before the Coral Lab Studies. Probably they will launch soon new ones with more height, as we can see with 18" Ai Prime flex mounts. (just an opinion, not a fact tho)

Again, awesome build and pictures! thanks for sharing!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Great shot of a beautiful tang!

Antics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Beautiful tank and fish, but I believe your wonderful dog steals the show. :p

OP
OP
ChristopherKriens

ChristopherKriens

Unknown Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank and fish, but I believe your wonderful dog steals the show. :p

Alright alright, we'll make a quick dog digression. :rolleyes: That is Eva, our 2 year old Siberian Husky. Her parents are both sled dogs from northern Minnesota. Her favorite hobbies include chasing rabbits in the neighborhood, treats, and not listening.

eva-1.jpg

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 58.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 23 28.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back