Christians Red Sea Reefer 450

static x

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Chris, you're still happy with your lamps., you could update us with more pics?
Tnks

OP
OP
Christian_N

Christian_N

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been having some real problem here since last update :( almost all my sps has died. They loose their skin and then dies. But i sent a test to Triton Lab and had some really high values. But now i’ve corrected them. There is both pros and cons of this, when almost all of my corals died. Some of my favorites died but now there is the possibility of a lot of new corals instead.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Christian_N

Christian_N

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like it was a while ago since I updated here!

I invested in a fourth Coral Box Moon LED because I thought it was a little to dark at the edges. I has been up and running for about 2 moths now.

And finally I got my algae reactor!! Installed it sunday a week ago. Right now the light in the reactor is almost on 24/7 and I can see a change in No3. When the values of No3 and Po4 has reached the levels I want them then I’ll lower the hours the light is activated.

Attached one pic of the sump.. right now it’s a real mess! But feels like I don’t have the time to fix it right now. Also you can see the algae reactor thats lit in the back. The other pic is how the aquarium looks right now.
894A0CF0-572B-4A41-8960-3904EBAE0B28.jpeg
98F5745E-E93F-4031-837C-89055A6FE0B1.jpeg

OP
OP
Christian_N

Christian_N

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right now laying in the sun knowing that the tank is manageing it by it self :) Haven’t been home for a week now. But I have my auto-feeder, my temp turns on/off automatically, my algae-reactor keeps my No3 and Po4 in check, my ATO, and my LEDs on auto that keeps everything going. Really satisfied that I can leave my tank and it works. And all this without a Apex- or Ghl-computer. ;)

But my parents have been taking a qiuck check at it twice so everything works when they checked the mail ;)

OP
OP
Christian_N

Christian_N

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes you're lucky!!
Yesterday I was fixing with the tank, the sump and the skimmer. Everything ran on and worked flawlessly as usual. When I open the sumpcabinet in the afternoon, the skimmer has gone off. It turns out that the pump has given up. Fortunately, at one point I have been foreseeing and bought an extra pump for just such a thing to happen :) Replaces the pump and everything works as it should.

OP
OP
Christian_N

Christian_N

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Changed my lights from Coral Box Moon LED to a Giesemann Aurora Hybrid. I were really satisfied with the Moon LEDs but what a difference in brightness. The Moon LEDs has been running at 80% the last year. The Aurora is running att 60% at max. The Aurora Hybrid where white when i got it and that does not look good with the rest. I found an advertising agency who foils cars and got them to foil it black. Looks really great!

C44C9657-41CE-4192-9713-5233C01668FA.jpeg AFF3165D-111F-4A41-ACDE-C4BFCFD0538D.jpeg

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 17 43.6%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 14 35.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.6%
Back