Christmas Tree Worms

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
So with Christmas coming up and me having a housefull of chinchillies I ask a question; is their a species of tree, pine tree? that I can have in my house and feel safe that it wont hurt my chin's if they happen to have a nibble, or that I can reuse after the season to dry out and use for chin toys? I don't keep plants in the house because of them but I do enjoy a live evergreen for the holidays and I've put it off so far. Advice?
What Confused GIF by GEICO

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So with Christmas coming up and me having a housefull of chinchillies I ask a question; is their a species of tree, pine tree? that I can have in my house and feel safe that it wont hurt my chin's if they happen to have a nibble, or that I can reuse after the season to dry out and use for chin toys? I don't keep plants in the house because of them but I do enjoy a live evergreen for the holidays and I've put it off so far. Advice?
I think you're in the wrong place...

Mark Gray

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So with Christmas coming up and me having a housefull of chinchillies I ask a question; is their a species of tree, pine tree? that I can have in my house and feel safe that it wont hurt my chin's if they happen to have a nibble, or that I can reuse after the season to dry out and use for chin toys? I don't keewp plants in the house because of them but I do enjoy a live evergreen for the holidays and I've put it off so far. Advice?
Would love to see some photos, í don't know anything about Chinchillas, just curious do they have problems with planets

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I know nothing about this, but I did pull the below from Reddit. I can say that a Christmas Tree rock colony is likely safe for chinchillas unless it has scuba gear…

I think the answer is no: there's a lot of pine oil in the needles, which can get pretty toxic if ingested in large doses. It's why it's recommended to use kiln dried wood in the cage, all the lovely smelling pine-ness (oil) is dried out of the wood. (This is probably why the trees don't get eaten much in winter!)

I'd suggest putting a wire enclosure around it if it has to be in the playroom, like how people cage the tree to protect it from dogs and cats

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 124 81.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.9%
Back