chromis compatibility

_jayb_

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 26, 2020
Messages
10
Reaction score
2
Location
United States
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently planning a reef tank \with the Waterbox REEF 70.2. I am trying to figure out what livestock I want. I was thinking about adding two different types of chromis: 5 blue/green chromis and 5 Vanderbuilt chromis. I know that generally chromis are compatible with each other, but are two different types safe to put in a tank together?
 
Yes they are!!! You will have some happy campers... I love mine and plan on doing the same. They are funny little guys!
 
No compatibly problems with the two. Vanderbilt are my favorite.
 
I've been asking around and I've heard that they pick each other off until there is only a single fish left. Have you had any problems with that? Any solutions?
 
Yes, blue/green chromis pick each other off. I've seen shoals of them work in very large tanks and public aquariums. My Vanderbilts didn't pick each other off but I only had them about a year before I had to re-home them for a move. Maybe someone else will chime in with their experience.
 
I have no problem keeping them. Those chromis that died in captivity is largely due to pre-existing diseases upon arrival. Make sure all fish are healthy before any purchases.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 42 31.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new