Chromis growing a snout

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bam327
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Bam327

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 10, 2020
Messages
245
Reaction score
195
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know what’s up with this guy? He’s new. I did not quarantine. Just wondering what I’m dealing with. He’s got a really weird looking face but other than that he seems fine.

595772CF-DC18-41F7-BC21-55C79421487F.jpeg B1C559E7-39C9-4C64-95ED-F029B51FA71C.jpeg A9F8AAF3-1AA0-4704-B2F0-491CF905CA49.jpeg
 
This guy also grew what looked like a zit on his forehead. He’s breathing heaving and not eating. He’s wedged between a rock but I’m sure he’s not going to make it through the night. I have no idea what he’s got, but I’m sure it’s terminal
 
At first glance I would have thought it was just an abscess of some sort, but those dont usually cause the symptoms you're explaining. Maybe a parasite? So sorry for your fin-baby.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 38 31.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 17 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new