Chromis uncoordinated

ThunderGoose

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 25, 2016
Messages
938
Reaction score
1,176
Location
Beverly, Mass
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had my chromis for about a year now. She's been active, she grown a lot and then yesterday she quit being coordinated, has some stringy white poop and didn't eat (for the first time).

I'm setting up a hospital tank this morning and will start treating with Prazi in her water and food.

I have 2 questions. 1. Do I need to treat the display tank? Is that safe for inverts and corals? And 2. Since I treated the chromis when she came in with Prazi should I use a different medication? A longer treatment?

Thanks
 
Since I know someone will ask - I'll check parameters later today but I just did a Triton test a week ago and the results are all within normal parameters except iodine, which is low.

No new fish, inverts or corals in the past several months.

Tank is 2 1/2 years old.

I DO have a mantis shrimp in the DT, it's been there for a year and hasn't been a problem for any fish, except MAYBE my watchman goby who disappeared over the winter.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new