Chronical extreme low iodine and Mn

NatReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello everyone ,
I have been dosing iodine for now a long time and each time my iodine level is always low and k al using the 2 time more then the dose . And I just want to keep gonios so bad and can’t because of this . How does iodine and manganese get into a reef tank easy ( according to Icp iodine 1 as in 0,1 ( I think ) and manganese not traceable ) and it keeps being a problem .
Thank you for reading

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello everyone ,
I have been dosing iodine for now a long time and each time my iodine level is always low and k al using the 2 time more then the dose . And I just want to keep gonios so bad and can’t because of this . How does iodine and manganese get into a reef tank easy ( according to Icp iodine 1 as in 0,1 ( I think ) and manganese not traceable ) and it keeps being a problem .
Thank you for reading

0.1 ppm iodine would be high. Might be best for you to post the actual results. :)

OP
OP
NatReef

NatReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
0.1 ppm iodine would be high. Might be best for you to post the actual results. :)
I think k mean 0.01 I always forget iodine parameter levels I just say to my lfs 1 iodine and max 10 but never use the accurate prefix for it

Btw
NO3 20
Po4 0,1
Mg 1400
Kh 12,4 ( came from 16)
Ph 8.1
Temp 25,3 Celsius

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, that worked.

Iodine is low. I do not know if supplementing it will be useful, but adding more would be worth a try.

What are you dosing now and how much to what size tank?

Manganese is also low, which is pretty typical of reef aquaria since it is rapidly depleted. Again, it may or may not do anything critical, but, but dosing seems like a good idea to try.

OP
OP
NatReef

NatReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, that worked.

Iodine is low. I do not know if supplementing it will be useful, but adding more would be worth a try.

What are you dosing now and how much to what size tank?

Manganese is also low, which is pretty typical of reef aquaria since it is rapidly depleted. Again, it may or may not do anything critical, but, but dosing seems like a good idea to try.
Well I dose DSR iodine I2 and manganese in a wb pen 25 25 gallon / 92 liters
Atm
Using cuprisorp , fauna marine phosphate remover , silacarbon ( for silicate ) and dosing about 2,3 ml of nopox each day spread over 5 dose , 10% weekly wc , mg 20 ppm each week and I used to dose all for reef but my iodine and manganese weren’t inproving and my kh climbed to high ( 15 ) so I stopped that

But I know that iodine can be toxic in high concentration so that is why I am careful and k do about 0.5 ml daily because that is the only way I keep it high enough otherwise the next day going to be 0.02 again
And it is just a problem that is taking me over 3 months without result of gonios opening or any like that same with my iodine test . So k hope you can help me a bit

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 94 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.7%
Back