Circulation pump - Red Sea Max E260

Snoopdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never pulled the pumps out of my Red Sea Max E260 to know the brand. If you look at the website they do not share the information on the actual pump. I have little knowledge in this area to size a pump. What I am wanting to do is possibly replace the two pumps with something with way more flow. I have the add in Red Sea sump so these two pumps I speak of do nothing but recirculate water. I really want them maxed out on flow since that is all they do, other than take up space. I need two silent pumps that push out a lot more water, if that is possible. Also if it makes sense to do these as some type of DC pump, that is even better. Thoughts?

muggle reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would pull out the pumps, my bet is they are Sicce brand pumps. I use a smaller tank the 130D I run the sicce silent 1.5 which pumps 357 gallons per hour. I know this because I just bought a new back up pump. I suspect your tank is running a sicce pump if you have the factory original pumps in it, probably a 1.5 or a 2.0 as your sump is behind the tank. You can run a pump that puts out more gallons per hour, Sicce makes a who series in it:s silent pumps that would let you upgrade the pump gph. I am not sure if you can run a controllable pump or not though. If your tank is not used using a below tank sump, our pump power levels I think are lower and might be below most DC controllable pump levels.

I keep two pumps for my tank. One running pump in the tank, and one new in the box for when the Running pump dies. Sicce are good pumps but they all die eventually.

OP
OP
Snoopdog

Snoopdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would pull out the pumps, my bet is they are Sicce brand pumps. I use a smaller tank the 130D I run the sicce silent 1.5 which pumps 357 gallons per hour. I know this because I just bought a new back up pump. I suspect your tank is running a sicce pump if you have the factory original pumps in it, probably a 1.5 or a 2.0 as your sump is behind the tank. You can run a pump that puts out more gallons per hour, Sicce makes a who series in it:s silent pumps that would let you upgrade the pump gph. I am not sure if you can run a controllable pump or not though. If your tank is not used using a below tank sump, our pump power levels I think are lower and might be below most DC controllable pump levels.

I keep two pumps for my tank. One running pump in the tank, and one new in the box for when the Running pump dies. Sicce are good pumps but they all die eventually.

I do have the optional sump. These pumps are just pushing water through, basically a powerhead. If I can fit another pump in that space and get more flow, that is attractive to me. Because those pumps are not visible to the tank, big advantage.

I just found a thread where someone said these are sicce syncra 1.2 pumps, that puts them at 1200 gph

Last edited:

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 43.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 21.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 30 32.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back