Circulation pump

Puddy

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 18, 2017
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a circulation pump that does it's job well when it actually sticks to the aquarium. It constantly loses it's suction and sinks to the bottom of my aquarium. Now thank goodness I am only cycling my tank at this time, but it has fell off twice and blew live sand all over my tank and I am done. Should I just cut my losses and buy something new or is there something I can do to this one?
 
There use to be a magnet mount for a couple powerheads, like maxijets.
But IMO it would be a good time to upgrade powerheads to one with a magnet mount.
 
Pic? Or what's the make and model?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 54 34.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new