Circulation Pumps

Palegic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I posted another thread about reactors however, to finish up my build for now I need to complete my circulation. My budget is blown and looking for something low cost to get me by. The tank is an RSR250 and is a display piece in the middle of a brand new extension on a newly renovated home. So its critical that I keep the wiring to a minimum and clean. So running a handfull of pumps is a no go. I love the look for the Vortech MPs, as well as the Aqua Illumination pumps but right now thats well out of the budget because of the Maxspect Gyre XF350 I purchased. Looking to have around 50-60x turnover consistently and 100x max. Probably only need one pump for now to clear out behind the rockwork maybe 1500GPH max.

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Look at the IceCap Gyre or maybe the new Maxspect Jump gyre when it launches. The Maxpect jumps series looks real promising especially the price.

Quality and a good price and lots of flow.

OP
OP
Palegic

Palegic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look at the IceCap Gyre or maybe the new Maxspect Jump gyre when it launches. The Maxpect jumps series looks real promising.

Quality and a good price and lots of flow.
Thanks per the post I already have a Maxspect 350. Just need to add supplemental flow to bring my total turnover to 100x.

dank reefer

IG: dankreefer_IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Add another 350 and see if you can get the advanced controller. Then you can run both pumps off of 1 controller amd have plenty of flow to spare.

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks per the post I already have a Maxspect 350. Just need to add supplemental flow to bring my total turnover to 100x.

ok maybe I miss understood.. Thought you were looking for a lower priced circulation pump.

OP
OP
Palegic

Palegic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Add another 350 and see if you can get the advanced controller. Then you can run both pumps off of 1 controller amd have plenty of flow to spare.

Not a bad idea, however Im worried that the gyre wont flush behind the rock work well. I suppose I can make sure I arrange the aquascape accordingly but in my mind I was assuming I needed a pump down low in the back of the display.

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Not a bad idea, however Im worried that the gyre wont flush behind the rock work well. I suppose I can make sure I arrange the aquascape accordingly but in my mind I was assuming I needed a pump down low in the back of the display.

Mount on the back glass directed straight down or mount it on the side vertical instead of horizontal.

slojim

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought a rossmont mx3500. They were on sale from the manufacturer last month and might still be. Controllable AC if you buy the controller, or single speed if you don't. Mine is too new to give you a lot of feedback, but it moves a lot of water. When I first fired it up, I was concerned because it seemed noisy (I also have a tunze stream 3 in the back that I can not hear at all, ever, but it is more $ than you are looking for ), but it quieted down noticeably in a few hours and much more the next day.
My motivation was a new return pump - I didn't yet have a spare and I wanted a little more flow, but the controllable AC feature intrigued me, and after considering the return and the controller, adding on a powerhead was an easy decision.
I won't be able to install the return for a few weekends, I'll try to post up a review of the whole system after I get a little time with them.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 99 44.4%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 75 33.6%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 5.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back