OP
Mike&Terry

Mike&Terry

Wrasses, Angels, & Tangs, Oh My!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pair of Earlei's and a pair of candy basslets. The purple on the Earlei's does NOT glow like the purple on the Candies under LED's or T5's. Don't the Candies look supernatural under LED's or T/5's/Actinics?? Those purple stripes glow otherworldly!!! The purple on the Earlei is somewhat faded under LED and T/5's...the fish almost look pale under that lighting. Not at all pale under the MH/T5/LED combo I run for most of the day...super bright and vivid.

The Earlei's from PIA are awesome. I recently got another male as my original got an injury and never was able to recover so my female needed a new friend. The second male I acquired was way super colored up, much more than the first. It is really apparent when he hangs with his new girly, she definitely pales next to him, and she is pretty awesome so.....:D

Mike and Terry, you are having the same experience that I had with my Earleis and why I call these little guys my "puppy" fish...they are like cute little puppies that have a ton of personality and appear completely at ease with humans. Mine regularly come right up to my hand, the food bowl, the siphon hose (eek), or anything I put in the tank. They are very inquisitive and sweet natured. Enjoy :D.

Thank you for sharing! It is awesome that you have a pair of them. Our little man's coloration is much more vivid in person. Our QT lighting is not good for taking pictures, so his coloring looks a bit washed out in the pics we've taken.

Our other fairy wrasses are also super friendly and will eat out of our hands. Our Jordani. Rubrisquamis and Lineatus have been with us a while and will rub up against my hands and arms when I'm doing stuff in the tank. The Jordani will sometimes perch in the palm of my hand... They didn't start out that way though, so I guess that's why we're so amazed with the earlie.

-Terry

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pair of Earlei's and a pair of candy basslets. The purple on the Earlei's does NOT glow like the purple on the Candies under LED's or T5's. Don't the Candies look supernatural under LED's or T/5's/Actinics?? Those purple stripes glow otherworldly!!! The purple on the Earlei is somewhat faded under LED and T/5's...the fish almost look pale under that lighting. Not at all pale under the MH/T5/LED combo I run for most of the day...super bright and vivid.

The Earlei's from PIA are awesome. I recently got another male as my original got an injury and never was able to recover so my female needed a new friend. The second male I acquired was way super colored up, much more than the first. It is really apparent when he hangs with his new girly, she definitely pales next to him, and she is pretty awesome so.....:D

Mike and Terry, you are having the same experience that I had with my Earleis and why I call these little guys my "puppy" fish...they are like cute little puppies that have a ton of personality and appear completely at ease with humans. Mine regularly come right up to my hand, the food bowl, the siphon hose (eek), or anything I put in the tank. They are very inquisitive and sweet natured. Enjoy :D.
Perfect; appreciate the insight. Question answered. And yes, we're in complete agreance about the Candies. People have no idea why they're so special unless they've seen them in person.

I'll also echo that I have/had my share of wrasses that are/were super friendly and curious. My last lineatus would let me pet him, and would not leave me alone if I was doing anything in the tank. Especially frag tools; he loved shiny things. I currently have a rhomboid that will shadow me if I'm in the tank, but won't get too close.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mike&Terry

Mike&Terry

Wrasses, Angels, & Tangs, Oh My!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gorgeous fish! Congrats and thank you for sharing. Can't wait to see him get released into the display! Truly special.

Thank you!

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 155 67.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back