Naoko fairy Wrasse dead

lbagnall

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I’m wondering if anyone can help me -
My family added a naoko fairy wrasse to our tank a couple of weeks ago, he was swimming around and seemed fine for a few days. After this, we didn’t see him for two days and then spotted him peeking out of a rock, he had a small lump/spot on his face. The following few days he would poke out of rocks, sometimes staying completely vertical (nose pointing upright) and the spot on his face appeared slightly bigger (bad imagine attached). We attempted to remove him from the tank to take to the store to be looked at, but failed. Two days later we’ve found that he’s died, after spending the day lying flat under a rock. We tried giving him food in his rock for a few days but he wasn’t interested.
if anyone can suggest what may have happened that’d be great. We wouldn’t want it to happen again, he cost £60 and didnt last 2 weeks

4FF67A5A-732A-4365-A601-6842E372E9E6.jpeg

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Swimming nose up tail down is often a symptom of a spinal injury. Spot/lump on its face sound like it had a collision with something in the tank. A sad but frequent story for wrasses.
Sorry for your loss. :(

OP
OP
L

lbagnall

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Swimming nose up tail down is often a symptom of a spinal injury. Spot/lump on its face sound like it had a collision with something in the tank. A sad but frequent story for wrasses.
Sorry for your loss. :(
He could swim normally, he just rested in that position. We could tell there was something up with him but didn’t know what to do. Seemed like once he started hiding he wasn’t going to recover from whatever his problem was. Luckily our other two wrasses (a banana wrasse and jade wrasse) are okay and we got them at the same time as him

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 68 35.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 61 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back