clam advice

jose hernandez

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so i bought 3 clams at reefapalooza but for some reason they keep falling on their side i bought brightwell clam hammock to see if they attach to them but they still keep falling i turned down the flow my tank is barebottom i have 2 other clams but they are on pvc coupling due to them being bigger what can i do any help will be appreciated

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats. What kind of clams did you get? Where are they placed in the tank?

There are some clam masters on this forum that can help you, but basically, clams need good water, high lights and low flow. If you have a barebottom I assume you probably have high flow and high lighting (sps tank?).

If they are falling I think its cause they are moving cause they don't like their position right now. But other comments will follow, its still early morning.

OP
OP
J

jose hernandez

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a 6x2x2 mixed reef total water volume 200 gallon as far as placement and flow i have them on the bottom near the other 2 as for flow i have 4 mp40s at 25% i placed them on the top when i first got them but they were falling off as well i think they are squamosa that i have

Toffeepooh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your clams are either doesn’t like the lights or the flow, if everything else are within parameters. What is the HP is the bag vs your tank? How long did you acclimate?

if your tank is bare bottom and depending on the species they may want sand substrate or crushed corals so it can attach to them.

OP
OP
J

jose hernandez

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dont clams like alot of light? no sanbed dont know the actual names of them

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 51 42.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 20.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 41 34.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back