clam and angel fish is it compatible?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Shibaken3
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Shibaken3

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 20, 2022
Messages
569
Reaction score
371
Location
LasVegas
What state or country do you live in
Nevada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Originally I was planning on having a dwarf angelfish. But read that they might eat clam. Does anybody have success with any angel fish and a clam? Or should I just avoid angelfish?
 
Originally I was planning on having a dwarf angelfish. But read that they might eat clam. Does anybody have success with any angel fish and a clam? Or should I just avoid angelfish?
I have a rusty angel with a few clams and never had a problem.
 
You are going to see response with both yes and no. Large tank, feed them well and you will have less to no problem. Certain species are more of a problem than other. I had Cherub, Coral beauty, Flame back, Flame, Fireball all did well with minimal to no problem as picker.
Nox, Keyhole are always pickers for me.
 
Yeah dwarf angels are definitely with caution I took the risk after speaking to my lfs as my rusty had been kept in his coral tray with zoas and all sorts and hadnt taken an interest so that reassured me.
But I would also say not to just rule them out completely as it can be done and not all of them are the same. Lots of people keep dwarf angels with corals and clams, worth a go in my opinion
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 48.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 45.5%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new