Clam changed color?

  • Thread starter Thread starter KVYA
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

KVYA

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 28, 2015
Messages
844
Reaction score
223
Location
Los Angeles, CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a maxima clam at Reefapalooza and it was brown. When I brought it home and put it in my tank, it changed to blue. The vendor was using LEDs and so am I. I'm just confused on why it changed color.
 
Clam likely didn't change color that quickly if at all. I would bet you are running entirely different LED's. Not all blues are alike making your clam look different..
 
Clam likely didn't change color that quickly if at all. I would bet you are running entirely different LED's. Not all blues are alike making your clam look different..
Oh okay. The vendor was using Kessil LEDs and I'm just using the black box LEDs
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 35.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new