Clam food dosage

  • Thread starter Thread starter L.E.O407
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

L.E.O407

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 2, 2014
Messages
87
Reaction score
63
Location
United States
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
e794a3b218f8daaf14f2a711584c7efd.png

I just got this when I purchased my clam. Anyone ever use it? And how did you prepare it?
 
Also, feed at night, when the lights are off, that's when they really start siphoning the water.
 
Where did you get this information? My clams close up at night so I assumed that they would filter more during the day when they were open.
 
Where did you get this information? My clams close up at night so I assumed that they would filter more during the day when they were open.

I agree with this. Mines does the same. Following
 
I wouldn't be to worried about feeding your clam. As long as you don't run ULNS and have plenty of light your clam will be fine. The clam will pull nitrogen, phosphorus from the water and can even digest some of its own zooxanthellae if needed. Feed your fish, and keep parameters stable. The dried plankton you purchased will be fine to broadcast feed your tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new