Clam Garden???

TheDivrDwn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is a clam garden, similar in concept to a Zoa garden, a thing? Like, if I am prepared for, and capable of moving clams to progressively larger displays to care for their space requirements, is there any reason I can't put several small clams in a nano tanks to display?

I assume this is a thing...if so, please submit some best care practices.

Last edited:

MartinM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I suggest reading James Fatheree’s book. This hobby requires extensive self-teaching.

Alexopora

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is a clam garden, similar in concept to a Zoa garden, a thing? Like, if I am prepared for, and capable of moving clams to progressively larger displays to care for their space requirements, is there any reason I can't put several small clams in a nano tanks to display?

I assume this is a thing...if so, please submit some best care practices.
How small are we talking? And i think the main limiting factor for clams especially is how much of the calcium is being sucked up in the tank. Clams grow fast. Also it depends on what type of clams are you going for? If you want them to stay small and grow slower, I’d suggest getting croceas.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 30.9%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 22.8%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 20.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back