Clam Garden???

TheDivrDwn

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 24, 2021
Messages
26
Reaction score
10
Location
Sioux City
What state or country do you live in
Iowa
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is a clam garden, similar in concept to a Zoa garden, a thing? Like, if I am prepared for, and capable of moving clams to progressively larger displays to care for their space requirements, is there any reason I can't put several small clams in a nano tanks to display?

I assume this is a thing...if so, please submit some best care practices.
 
Last edited:
I suggest reading James Fatheree’s book. This hobby requires extensive self-teaching.
 
Is a clam garden, similar in concept to a Zoa garden, a thing? Like, if I am prepared for, and capable of moving clams to progressively larger displays to care for their space requirements, is there any reason I can't put several small clams in a nano tanks to display?

I assume this is a thing...if so, please submit some best care practices.
How small are we talking? And i think the main limiting factor for clams especially is how much of the calcium is being sucked up in the tank. Clams grow fast. Also it depends on what type of clams are you going for? If you want them to stay small and grow slower, I’d suggest getting croceas.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new