OP
bec1750

bec1750

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not gaping at all. Still not fully extended, but she looks okay so far. Just keep an eye on things. They do not mind a bit of nitrates or phosphates in the water. The high spot is good as long as she cannot jump off. :)

I feel your worry. I have a baby that is irritated more then the others and I am worried about it a lot. Just moved it to a different spot and hope she opens more. Did not take long and she opened a bit more, but still a bit scrunched.
Ya I don’t think she can jump off. That rock has some deep crevices. So I put her in one of those. We actually had like 0 nitrates the boyfriend is the one that’s in charge of checking parameters and I Asl him all the time if he’s checking and he is but apparently he hasn’t been checking nitrates. So we dosed nitrates tonight. Hopefully she’ll adjust to the major increase in par okay

I hope yours gets to doing better and better! how long have you had yours? How many do you have? Where did you get yours?

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had clams mainly for 15 years. My crocea (first guy was 9 when it passed, but was full grown when I got it. Still cannot find one like it.)
I have squammies, crocea, giga and derasa. I seem to have bad luck with maximas (exept my 4 year old one that got pyramid snails before I realized it she was gone. It was from another clam. UGH!
I had a huge squammie that was eaten by a horse conch (mistakenly thought it was reef safe, dumb internet). That conch also got a derasa.
I had a large derasa that broke itself (snapped itself and broke its muslce holding it together) and died within a month. Poor thing.

Currently, I have 6 crocea, 2 squammie, 1 derasa, 1 giga. Some of them are for my traveling tank so they are little guys. All currently growing nicely except the one squammie. It is growing, just has a weird mantle issue.
I love clams!

Back