Clam ID

  • Thread starter Thread starter MtlReef25
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

MtlReef25

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
80
Reaction score
65
Location
Montreal
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:squigglemouth: I recently bought a clam. Its' been sold to me as a Crocea Clam... The more I look at it the less I'm convinced it's a Crocea. Looking at the shell It looks more like a Maxima or a Squamosa. Byssal opening is more like a Crocea or a Maxima. Well, you see I'm getting confused! Arrrrggh! It has smal tentacles in the syphon just like both Crocea or Maxima.

Well, what do you think??
 

Attachments

  • clam.jpg
    clam.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 233
Then mantel looks so much like a Crocea and the shell like a Maxima. I am just convinced it's Maxima, I suppose a hybrid or a Crocea that has not worn down the scutes.
 
Well thanx to all.
I guess it's probably a Maxima then... I went back to the fishstore and the guy who sold it to me is still convinced it's a crocea...but anyway, looks a lot like a Maxima to me too. As long as it lives..:)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 35.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new