Clam ID

Jon Fishman

Cleveland Ohio, buy/sell local!
View Badges
Joined
Feb 18, 2019
Messages
5,105
Reaction score
8,515
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just noticed this little guy today. He is covered by my 18” BTA most of the time, so I don’t know what it does during the day. The Clam ID sticky didn’t help me figure it out.

I haven’t added any rock etc to the tank for > a year, so no idea where it came from.

I noticed it, stuck some long forceps in the tank, and it closed up tight (so it’s very much alive) and it is firmly stuck to the rock

Smooth shell, black with maybe white marbling almost

F1C18493-371F-4107-BF1B-7632AAD27FFF.jpeg
CF576AAF-50B3-4608-8377-888F938ECA84.jpeg
 
Turkey-wing bivalve. Good filter feeder. I have several in high-flow cryptic areas.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new