Clam is on the move! lol

  • Thread starter Thread starter soccerbag
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

soccerbag

Chalices did this to me!!
View Badges
Joined
Nov 23, 2009
Messages
3,848
Reaction score
133
Location
Richmond, VA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have never posted in the clam forum before. Call me newbie I guess. I have a crocea clam that seems to like to move around the tank. My tank is 72" x 33" x 24". I have put this little guy all over the tank. And he gets right back to the same spot every time. He has found a buddy in a maxima clam. He doesn't seem happy unless they are touching...lol.

Don't have any pics as everyone knows what two clams look like right next to each other. But the crocea can move around 2' in a matter of days. Anyone else ever experience this? It's not a big deal but it does crack me up.
 
Yes this is completely normal, I'll look for a cool vid on them moving. I would let it be where it wants to be, they can get stressed out and die if you move them around too much.
 
mine never move some times they will tilt but they attached themselves to the rocks and havent ever really moved maybe turned a couple times... you should set up a video camera and film it lol
 
Thanks Chris. Yeah, I gave up. He seems to be happy next to his buddy. I wish I could rig up a video camera and speed it up to watch the movement but that would be virtually impossible..lol. I was just amazed at the ground this 3" little guy could cover in such a short time.
 
Yup I had 2 maxima's that were 5" apart in hours they would touch and finally sewed them self together...:tongue:
 
That's a really cool video! Thanks for sharing. It's amazing how much these little guys move.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new