Clam lighting requirements?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Reed639
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Reed639

unregistered
View Badges
Joined
Feb 8, 2011
Messages
803
Reaction score
2
Location
US
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much light would you think a squamosa clam needs?
Could I get away with a 4 bulb t5ho light fixture over a 25 gallon (96 watts)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I moved your post to it's own thread as I think you will get more answers.

I think you should have more than enough light for a Squamosa but in a 25g tank a Squamosa will out grow it quickly.
 
You'd better check on sizes. I think a Crocea would be a better fit for your tank!

CJ
 
Should be enough light, but as stated above, squamosas grow fairly fast. I'd look into a crocea because they rarely get larger than about 6" while the squamosas and maximas can reach 18 inches and a derasa can grow larger than two feet.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 20.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 35 32.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 15 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 8 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new