Clam looks like something happened to it

  • Thread starter Thread starter ryanjohn1
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ryanjohn1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 22, 2020
Messages
2,334
Reaction score
4,711
Location
quakertown
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My clam looks messed up. Top n bottom shell doesn’t match each other. Idk if someone hit him or what. It used to stand straight up. Should I be concerned

7080F9D7-9380-4DFF-89EB-F7302B00FAD1.jpeg 0BBCFF38-2F86-434E-AFFB-3FD7944A6056.jpeg
 
The hinge rupture. You need to dashing him a new hinge if you want him to live. It likely due to nutritional or disease.
 
What is dashing?
Fashion him a new hinge, make one artificially. Hoping that the ruptured one will heal. This is a rare happening, but I never hear of one healed well over time.
 
Fashion him a new hinge, make one artificially. Hoping that the ruptured one will heal. This is a rare happening, but I never hear of one healed well over time.
Thanks for the info. Just read threw a bunch of threads here on it. Looks like the poor guy is doomed. What a shame. I’ve had it for 2 years. Was one of my favorite things in the tank. Sad day. Basically gonna watch it die no matter what.
 
Thanks for the info. Just read threw a bunch of threads here on it. Looks like the poor guy is doomed. What a shame. I’ve had it for 2 years. Was one of my favorite things in the tank. Sad day. Basically gonna watch it die no matter what.
There have been some successes. I'd give it a go with some type of plastic door hinge and epoxy glue.
No harm in trying.
 
There have been some successes. I'd give it a go with some type of plastic door hinge and epoxy glue.
No harm in trying.
Yeah. I’ll see what I can come up with and post some pictures and stuff. I mean if I try and it dies is the same as if I do nothing it dies. So
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 22.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new