Clam mostly closed, but not completely.

lonelyfloat

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 8, 2019
Messages
297
Reaction score
1,169
Location
Somewhere
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, my Squamosa clam I’ve had for over a year has had bristleworms irritating it for the past week or so. I was fixing this by simply using a brush to brush off the bristle worms fro the shell. However for the past day, it has looked like this. I checked and there were no bristleworms under it. What could be causing this? It looks like this regardless of if the light is on.

AB85FADD-A210-448B-B1FE-44DADDB78864.jpeg
 
Clams are hard. Having it a year is a good thing. Where is your Alkalinity? I have limited experience with clams in trouble but my gut tells me to check Alk. Let's go from there.
 
Clams are hard. Having it a year is a good thing. Where is your Alkalinity? I have limited experience with clams in trouble but my gut tells me to check Alk. Let's go from there.
I haven’t tested all in a while, I’ll see where it is in the morning.
 
I don't think clams really recover. I tried multiple times. I have 2 hydra 52 hd on 1/3 of my 180g tank. I would think they need heavy light to make them live
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new