Clam mostly closed

  • Thread starter Thread starter Velodog2
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Velodog2

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 7, 2013
Messages
759
Reaction score
16
Location
Central Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had a 4" crocea for about a year now and it's been fine every single day until 2 days ago. It is now mostly closed. It's mantle is extended perhaps 1/4 of normal. It is still responsive to touch, it just doesn't open fully. I can't find anything bothering it. Do they do this? How long can it survive like this?
 
Sounds like it is stressed. Did you make any changes to the tank recently (e.g., change lighting, big water change, ect.)?

Tom
 
It's better now. Not sure why. I inspected it and found what I thought were bubble shaped pieces of algae near its rim but which turned out to be filled with goo like a polyp when I tried to scrape them off. Not sure what they were or where they came from, and never saw any tentacles, but perhaps they were nestling the clam.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new